Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 697 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Name Sort Order Faulty When Letters Follow Numbers Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.2 stable

leo77
04-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Name Sort Order Faulty When Letters Follow Numbers

Example :

The sort order is faulty when letters follow numbers - this bug affects the sort order of both files and folders, on both local and remote directory listings.

Reproducible by creating test folders with letters after numbers, for example :

Create folder with name '1b'

Create folder with name '1c'

Create folder with name '1a'

With the directory sorting by 'Name' the directories should be listed as 1a, 1b, 1c but they're not. The same happens with files.

When fixing this bug, please check that the fix also works with files and folders that have letters then numbers then letters, for example :

Tested using FlashFXP version 4.2.1 (build 1745) with Windows 7.
Super Duper
MxxCon
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Re: Name Sort Order Faulty When Letters Follow Numbers

does it fix ordering when you change sort order to something else and then back to name?
04-15-2012, 06:57 AM

Thank you for your bug report.

I have confirmed the sorting issue, please test the following dev build and let me know if it addresses the problem for you.

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/testr/ffxp-dev-build.zip

Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.
leo77
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM

Thanks, yes the dev build did partly fix the problem - it's correctly sorting when there's only 1 letter after the number (like in the examples I gave), but the problem still exists when there are 2 or more letters after the number, for example :

Sorry it took a while to respond, I didn't get an email notifying that there was a reply, even though I definitely have 'Subscribe to this ticket' selected in the 'Ticket Tools' link (and it wasn't in my spam folder either). So I'll try to remember to manually check back here soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
does it fix ordering when you change sort order to something else and then back to name?
No unfortunately sorting by another column and then re-sorting by name doesn't fix it.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM

Thank you for letting me know that this issue is still not fixed, I will post a dev build for you to test as soon as possible.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-29-2012, 02:50 PM

A new beta has been released to address this issue, https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/freque...a-updates.html

Please let us know if you continue to encounter this issue after updating.
leo77
04-29-2012, 03:13 PM

This seems to be resolved in the beta, at least as far as I can tell from my testing.

Thanks!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket