Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 62 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: High cpu + very slow scrolling Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Major Version: 3.4.1 (Beta)

Unregistered
09-01-2007, 02:15 AM
High cpu + very slow scrolling

Running vista ultimate, uac + aero + most visual enhancements turned off. FlashFXP 3.4.0 as well as beta 3.4.1.1197. When scrolling with my mouse wheel the window scrolls extremely slowly and cpu usage spikes to 100%. This happens with both local and remote directory browsing, even on a fresh start before connecting to a site.

If required I can make a movie or something.

No firewall or av installed. All the vista crap is turned off.
DayCuts
09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Re: High cpu + very slow scrolling

Are you using the 'accurate file system shell icons' feature, and if so does it effect the scrolling if you disable it?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Another option that may be a factor is this one,
Options > Preferences Dialog, then Display > Options > Smooth scroll.

When this option is checked you will see increased CPU usage during scrolling as the smooth scroll is more CPU intensive and the scroll is slowed down so it may appear slower.

If you don't want increased CPU usage and don't care about smooth scrolling then uncheck this option.
Unregistered
09-03-2007, 08:26 PM

Disabled both options and I still see it.

I can just scroll my mouse a load and it'll take a few seconds to catch up.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-07-2007, 04:38 PM

In that case I'm really stumped.. There really isn't anything else that could explain the 100% cpu usage. Scrolling should be natural with no special instructions. There's nothing being executed on scroll that can explain 100% cpu usage in this instance.

The scrolling is handled by windows, or your mouse driver depending on how your mouse handles scrolling.

I tested with a couple different mice, A Microsoft and Logitech and neither one of them exhibit this behavior.

Does this cpu issue occur when scrolling any window or just the local browser? I'm not sure why it would make any difference but that might be something worth knowing. Other windows include the remote browser, queue list, ftp session window.
Unregistered
09-12-2007, 12:44 PM

Sorry for the late response.

Seems like it does this in other apps, I just only really noticed it in ffxp
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket