Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 600 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: "On save" > "Legacy Prompt", file dont queue if disconnect before upload. Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.1 stable

MrVon
11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
"On save" > "Legacy Prompt", file dont queue if disconnect before upload.

If in Options > File Associations under Preform the following action on save your chose Legacy Prompt.
When you connect to ftp and right click, chose "edit file" then you start editing it and if file did not upload properly like connection hanged and you had to disconnected from ftp it does not add to queue to upload later, it used to do it in v3.6.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Re: "On save" > "Legacy Prompt", file dont queue if disconnect before upload.

In 4.1 the remote editing feature was completely rewritten and the old style prompt was removed.

A couple months later we had a few customers asking us if we could bring back the old prompt, however our new design was not compatible with the prompt style that was previously used. (the legacy prompt was mainly added back with visually impaired users in mind as this method is much easier for them to use.)

In order to provide the old legacy prompt as an option we had to side step all of the new remote editing features and functionality.

This left the legacy prompt extremely limited in functionality is comparison.

Because the legacy prompt had to be completely rewritten from scratch to work with 4.1 we relied heavy on customer feedback, it would appear that this issue was missed by those using the legacy prompt.

I looked into the code and re-implementing this missing functionality is not going to be a simple or easy fix.

I will do my best to add this missing functionality in future releases but I do not know when it will be implemented.

I understand that this is a serious limitation of the legacy prompt and my current recommendation would be to avoid using the legacy prompt until this issue can be addresses.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Re: "On save" > "Legacy Prompt", file dont queue if disconnect before upload.

One option we have is to repeat the prompt to upload until the user cancels or the upload is successful. This way the user can continue attempting to upload the file.

I'm not entirely sure of your specific situation, but would this be acceptable?
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket