Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 323 Category: Server Compatibility Issue
Title: SFTP Resume Fails Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: N/A

gregprosser
12-28-2009, 01:18 AM
SFTP Resume Fails

I'm not sure where the problem lies; in the general SFTP implementation or in my servers compatibility with FlashFXP.

If I download a file, and it either fails or is cancelled, resuming it from the queue fails (simply hitting play when I come back to it later).

I see something usually like:
FlashFXP v3.7.8 build 1332 [BETA]
Support Forums at http://forum.flashfxp.com
Report a Bug at http://bugtracker.flashfxp.com

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.8i 15 Sep 2008
[R] Connecting to neutron -> IP=a.b.c.d PORT=22
[R] Connected to neutron
[R] Host key algorithm ssh-RSA, size 2048 bits.
[R] MD5 Fingerprint is xx
[R] Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption: aes256-ctr, MAC: hmac-sha1, compression: none.
[R] Auth Type: Keyboard-interactive
[R] Keyboard Authentication Requested. Prompt (0) "Password: "
[R] Keyboard Authentication, Password Sent.
[R] Authentication succeeded
[R] SSH Connection open
[R] Connection established with OpenSSH_5.3p1-hpn13v6 (SFTP v3)
[R] SFTP Connection Ready
[R] Changed Directory to: /correct/remote/path/
[R] Retrieving file list...
[R] List Complete: 3 KB in 0.27 seconds (12.6 KB/s)
[R] Cannot open file C:\Documents and Settings\gregp\My Documents\file.ext
Resumed: file.ext 0 bytes in 0.00 seconds (0.1 KB/s)
[R] Transfer Failed!
[R] Cannot open file C:\Documents and Settings\gregp\My Documents\file.ext
Transfer queue completed
Transferred 1 file totaling 0 bytes in 6.66 seconds (0.0 KB/s)
1 File failed to transfer
[R] Logged off: neutron
I have guessed that [R] means it's a message from the remote side, and that message contains a local path.. so yeah, that's probably why it's not working.

This is reproducible on another OpenSSH server, and if I delete the failed queue item and re-add it to the queue. I am prompted to resume it twice, I notice, but both appear to fail.

Is there something obvious I could be missing?

Excellent software!
Super Duper
MxxCon
12-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Re: SFTP Resume Fails

[R] means messages are coming from the right window.
if you are connected to 2 sites at once, prefixing [L] and [R] allows to tell apart which message belongs to which session.
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
[R] means messages are coming from the right window.
if you are connected to 2 sites at once, prefixing [L] and [R] allows to tell apart which message belongs to which session.
Ahh. That makes sense. You can see how L/R can be confused with Local and Remote, though, I assume!

I checked, and nothing else appears to have the file open (this happens still if I restart FlashFXP and hit play again), and ACLs/permissions seem OK.
gregprosser
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Here's some more details.

In this case I downloaded a partial file, hit abort a bunch of times, hit disconnect, and closed FlashFXP (saying yes I wanted to quit with stuff in the queue).

I then re-start FlashFXP, and it says "hey, there's a queue file!" which I re-load, and hit CTRL+R on the file that failed so it re-downloads.

This time, I ran it with Sysinternals Process Monitor, for some additional information.

I typically:
1. I hit "play" to start the download again.
2. A bunch of stuff scrolls by, and then I get the "do you want to resume?" prompt. I hit resume.
3. More stuff goes by, and I see the "do you want to resume?" prompt again. I once again hit resume.

Prior to 2, I see three CreateFile (parent folder)/QueryDirectory (with filter of the filename)/CloseFile (parent folder) events on the folder it's in (I guess detecting if it's there or not).

Then I get the prompt in 2.

After I hit "Resume", I see another two CreateFile (parent folder)/QueryDirectory (with filter of filename), CloseFile sequences, and then I see a "CreateFile" event for the filename of the file I want to resume (which is marked as SUCCESS in Process Monitor). I see a "QueryStandardInformation" event on the same file, also a SUCCESS, but then I strangely see another CreateFile request for the same file, which then fails with "SHARING VIOLATION".

Immediately after that (before the second "Resume" prompt) I see another Create/Query/Close set as I saw above, and then after a bunch of other file actions (on various desktop.ini files) another set of 3 Create/Query/Close actions (it looks like a repeat of the steps prior to 2.), and then another "Resume" prompt.

Once I hit resume again, I see some more Create/Query/Close events, and then (only one) CreateFile event for the specific file again (which again fails with SHARING VIOLATION).

I'm guessing the Create/Query/Close are directory scans looking at the file list, which make sense, but it appears once I hit resume the first time the file is opened, and then opened again (which fails, rightly so), but the first open is never closed, so the second time around, even though FlashFXP seems to behave properly and not try to open it twice, the file has never been closed from the first time.

I'm not fluent in windows processes, but asking Process Monitor for the stack at the first CreateFile request (which works) looks almost exactly like the second, except for frame 13:

-"13","FlashFXP.exe","FlashFXP.exe + 0x1f376a","0x5f376a","C:\Program Files\FlashFXP\FlashFXP.exe"
+"13","FlashFXP.exe","FlashFXP.exe + 0x1f3622","0x5f3622","C:\Program Files\FlashFXP\FlashFXP.exe"

the + is the one which "works" (the first one, that seems to get "lost")
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket