Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 245 Category: Server Compatibility Issue
Title: SFTP transfer fails - bunch of spaces Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 3.7.4 BETA

Aaron
09-13-2008, 08:05 PM
SFTP transfer fails - bunch of spaces

Hi, I'm back with another bug. (Maybe it's a bug anyway.)

Running 3.7.4.1285.

I am trying to upload a file with 2,000,000 ASCII spaces over SFTP. Seems like a silly file, I know, but transfer is failing in FlashFXP. (Transfer was successful in WinSCP.) In FlashFXP 3.7.4.1285, the transfer stalls. FlashFXP reports 264 KB have been transferred and just hangs there - if I disconnect and reconnect, I see that only 8 KB of the file has been transferred. If I try to resume the transfer, it hangs again.

For reference, here is the file I am trying to upload.
http://aaron-kelley.net/!!stuff/test.txt

I have only been able to reproduce this error on servers running OpenSSH's sshd (under Linux). I have reproduced the error on multiple servers. It seems to work fine with WinSSHD, though.

When I first ran in to an issue with this, I was still running 3.7.3.1282. In this release, the transfer would go up to a little over 600 KB and then report an error (nothing more specific than "Transfer failed"). The transfer would then automatically restart until the configured number of retries was reached (but it always failed at the same point).

It doesn't seem to be a problem with any large file — I have been using FlashFXP regularly and uploaded some large files like photos, mp3's, etc. without issue. Don't know why it doesn't like these spaces.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket