Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1069 Category: General / Unknown
Title: GUI Death Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 5.1

q11
09-17-2015, 07:06 PM
GUI Death

Start transferring.. in my case ftp to local.
Click preferences.
Preference window unnavigable, solution -> end task.

Another non-essential item I've found is.. when downloading SYM links, file progress/time remaining are unknown (even though filesize is known).

Option I'd like to see in this product.

"Don't follow SYM links" grouped with the "Follow SYM links recursively"
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Re: GUI Death

What version of Windows OS are you using?

What specific build of FlashFXP are you using?

Are you using Plain FTP or Secure FTP with this site profile?

Is the transfer using compression?
This can be determined by looking at the statusbar on the main window during the file transfer, it will show an active compression icon. This may indicate either MODE Z compression or SSL/TLS compression.

In the Preferences dialog under the Connection section what is your TCP/IP Buffer Size / Receive set to?

Quote:
Another non-essential item I've found is.. when downloading SYM links, file progress/time remaining are unknown (even though filesize is known).
I assume these are SYM links to files, correct? Is the connection FTP or SFTP?

Can you please show me a copy of the session log prior to, during, and after the transfer.
q11
09-18-2015, 12:42 PM

Apologies, this was my first post.

Win7 Ultimate, 64bit, 32gb ram, i74930k.

This should be marked as critical.
You should know the version in the dropdown list. 5.1
Start a transfer and click prefs, or other menu items.. crunch.
On the upside, the taskbar still updates, main GUI dies.
q11
09-18-2015, 12:46 PM

happy to use a debug version if you can't replicate this, i could record a video if i really had to.
J.
q11
09-18-2015, 01:31 PM

For an additional bug, I noticed the destination time off by 1 second for one single file, all the other files were fine.
This may be hard to replicate if you aren't looking, but mirror ftp.scene.org and all will be revealed; and start with /pub.

J.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-18-2015, 02:58 PM

Yes I know that the version is 5.1, but what specific build number?

I did test with ftp.scene.org but I was not able to replicate the problem, but I don't know if I'm using the same v5.1 build as you.

Just a thought but could it be your anti-virus software?

Also the resolution of the last write (i.e. modified date) has a resolution of 2 seconds on NTFS, if the remote file has an odd number of seconds then most likely the newly downloaded file will have an even number of seconds.
q11
09-18-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Yes I know that the version is 5.1, but what specific build number?

I did test with ftp.scene.org but I was not able to replicate the problem, but I don't know if I'm using the same v5.1 build as you.

Just a thought but could it be your anti-virus software?

Also the resolution of the last write (i.e. modified date) has a resolution of 2 seconds on NTFS, if the remote file has an odd number of seconds then most likely the newly downloaded file will have an even number of seconds.
To clarify, download is set to mirror date/time.
I have not checked the actual files against the source, but I did notice 1 second difference on _one_ occasion.
Small problems since I won't mirror the site until 'ignore sym' links is in place because downloading the same file in multiple dirs not only wastes my limited bandwidth, it wastes my limited space.

Win7 Build number shouldn't be important, but the FXP version is 3861.

System info is as follows, but shouldn't make a difference.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BLADERUNNER
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F7, 19/03/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume9
Locale Australia
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name BLADERUNNER\James
Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 22.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 22.4 GB
Page File Space 0 bytes

J.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-20-2015, 04:49 PM

I don't think you'll have an issue with symbolic links like you think you will, provided you queue the /pub/ folder and not the folders/links within it.

I did several test scenarios using ftp.scene.org and I did not have any problems with duplicate content being downloaded, I did notice there are some issues with some files not being downloaded because of the way the server is configured (too many levels of symbolic links and this is a server side configuration issue).

One thing you'll want to do is create a new site profile (just for mirroring) and configure the file transfer rules, by adding a new rule to skip existing files on download and set the 'on transfer error' option to either overwrite or resume.

In addition there are several other tweaks you can make if you don't mind sacrificing the accuracy of the file date/time to speed things up, but either way this website is going to take along time to mirror even if you have a fast connection due to the way the site is structured (with 40k+ folders and 450k+ files).
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket