Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 805 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Wine - update says no upgrade available Status: Closed
Severity: Major Version: 4.3 RC 1

sw33t
12-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Wine - update says no upgrade available

Hy,

With build 1901 during the updaet process the program responded that that no upgrade is available...
Flashfxp is set to use stable and betas..
Well I've just manually downloaded the latest version I'm going to check if its still an issue or not.
I'm using debian squeeze with crossover 11.3.1 which means wine 1.4.1
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Re: Wine - update says no upgrade available

Technically 1901 is the latest update via liveupdate.

Builds 1902-1905 are focused on a new installer engine and not FlashFXP, switching from one installer to another has proved to be a royal pain.

Because of the way the old installer worked vs the new, we've discovered many issues with new installations and upgrade installs are broken in some cases as well.

Builds 1902 to 1904 applied the authenticode digital signature after the SHA1 hash was calculated causing license keys to fail, these builds cannot be registered.

1905 corrected the issue but I have found new problems installing on Win2k and WinXP as well as upgrading from a previous installations.

Regardless of how much in-house testing I do, there is always something that is overlooked and with replacing the entire installer engine I knew there were bound to be problems. However I had no idea that the release was going to be this bad, and this is the reason I pulled it from the website (after 3 failed attempts at fixing the issues I knew I needed more time).

I've put over 200 hours into this new installer and I am still discovering little quirks and unexpected caveats, I really hated to give up on Ghost Installer but I've given up hope in trying to get all the issues with several anti-virus vendors resolved. (biggest issue is long delays in scanning the installer, up to 5min on some machines)
sw33t
01-03-2013, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the detailed followup I guess you can just simply invalidate my ticket than

I really like your program and I'm really happy about the way you are developing it!
So thanks for your hard work. Don't forget to get some rest sometimes
bassiliin
01-06-2013, 01:32 PM

I was about to ask also about not getting updates anymore though new builds were released every day. Thought it may be related to new installer. So I downloaded portable installer manually and installed such way. Now I know the answer . Keep up good work!