Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 799 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Extra slash makes downloads not work Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.3 RC 1

GlennNor
12-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Extra slash makes downloads not work

I have a problem where sometimes FlashFXP will add an extra backslash (\) at the end of a directory listing, making the download path invalid, and downloads will fail.

So, if i enter the directory /tv/Cool.Ass.Show/ the directory listing will show /tv/Cool.Ass.Show/\ with an extra backslash at the end.

I have looked EVERYWHERE to try and find the setting that is causing this to happen every other day, but so far have been unsuccessful. Is there some kind of log or something that I can give to you guys securely to have a look at and perhaps find what is wrong?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Re: Extra slash makes downloads not work

What version/build of FlashFXP are you using?

This is clearly a bug in FlashFXP.

Can you please describe which method you are using to queue the folder for download?

For example:
I am dragging the folder from the remote file list onto the local file list.
or
I am right-clicking on the folder from the remote navigation tree and selecting transfer.
GlennNor
12-12-2012, 12:00 AM

I am using 4.3.0 (build 1900), and I am queueing by right-clicking and choosing "add to queue".
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Which window pane are you right-clicking on,
is it the navigation tree or the file listing pane?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM

Please download the updated build 1901 and let me know if this issue it resolved.
GlennNor
12-14-2012, 07:17 AM

My process is usually that the right pane is my site that I am connecting to, and my left panel is my local storage where I am trying to download to.

I downloaded the new build yesterday, and it worked fine on first try, but today my \ is back. I made a screenshot to better illustrate;
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-14-2012, 07:50 AM

Can you please send me a copy of your session log via a private message.

The changes I made should of solved the problem but since it didn't we'll need to determine exactly where and why the extra slash is being added.

I am quite puzzled by this issue.
GlennNor
12-15-2012, 01:59 AM

Sent it yesterday, eager to see if it reveals anything regarding the problem.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-15-2012, 07:42 AM

I'm afraid the session log doesn't show anything that might indicate why this is occurring.

Please try this update and see if it makes any difference

ffxp4.3.0.1902.zip

This just replaces the flashfxp.exe, Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.
GlennNor
12-25-2012, 03:09 AM

It seems that latest patch did the trick! I have connected like 4 or 5 times since then, and not seen the problem a single time - whereas before it was every other time, sometimes I needed to retry 3 times to be able to download at all.

Massive thank you for great support
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket