Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 763 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: User Interface Lag and Upload speed decrease when uploading from Network Mapped drive Status: Closed
Severity: Major Version: 4.2 stable

ffxpusr
08-29-2012, 05:32 PM
User Interface Lag and Upload speed decrease when uploading from Network Mapped drive

I'm using Windows 7 x64 SP1 with latest updates installed.

Here is how to reproduce this:

1) Map network drive over the network - i map through wireless over 802.11n 150 mbit/sec link - it works fine in both explorer and total commander - no lag at all.

2) Open remote site

3) Open a directory with a lot of directories inside and files on the Network drive

4) Queue a folder with multiple folders inside and files for uploading

5) Try to browse in the left panel

6) Expect a huge lag in the UI and upload speed drop from peak to around 150-200 kb/sec

I'm using 4.2.5 build 1813.

I also noticed after some time (I guess FlashFXP just trying to read whole files and directories structure) - it is navigating better without lag - but at the start it always lags a lot.. Really annoying.

Thanks.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Re: User Interface Lag and Upload speed decrease when uploading from Network Mapped drive

Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

I have a good idea as to what is causing this issue, please give me a few days and I will reply back with a test build for you to try.
X3
09-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Re: User Interface Lag and Upload speed decrease when uploading from Network Mapped drive

Seems it is lagging when a file is actively transferring (if file is bigger say 60MB) scrolling and general UI is affected. Not unlike a previous bug of similar nature which was resolved but seems to be back.

However it is visible even without wifi, just normal wired connection over LAN is sufficient to test this since over wifi it lagging would be more noticeable.
09-02-2012, 01:20 PM

I don't think this is what he's referring to.

When you queue a folder for upload FlashFXP scans the folder recursively to calculate the total amount of data to upload, however this feature is supposed to be limited to local fixed drives but due to an oversight on my part the logic is flawed allowing it to run on all types of drives, including mapped network drives and removable drives.

I am currently working on a fix for this issue.
ffxpusr
09-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Yes, quite sure the problem lies within recursive scanning of the network drive.

Size doesn't matter.
ffxpusr
09-23-2012, 01:03 PM

hi!
sorry for the longness..

I checked the test build you sent me - the issue is still there tho
ffxpusr
11-19-2012, 01:54 AM

hi.

any update on the issue?
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket