Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 484 Category: Functionality
Title: Edit file with program Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

capper
04-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Edit file with program

Allow users to have the option to view the temp file locally or select the program that I want to open the file with for editing of file.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Re: Edit file with program

This functionality already exists.

You can assign custom file editors and viewers. Within FlashFXP from the main menu Options > File Associations
capper
04-29-2011, 10:04 AM

But I want to "Open with.." the files in my active edit window, instead of manually picking a program from a folder everytime I want to edit the file.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Windows doesn't provide a way to capture the result of the "Open with" dialog box and due to the way windows is designed it doesn't provide a reliable way to simulate this behavior either.

There's no easy way for us to provide additional functionality other than to perhaps include an "Open with" option via the right-click menu and let windows do the rest.

"Open with" might not provide the correct results in cases where you want to edit the file and not just open the file for viewing but this depends on the application selected from the open with dialog.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket