Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 266 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Cross-instance drag/drop and Enqueue features Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 3.7.8 BETA

DayCuts
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Cross-instance drag/drop and Enqueue features

When using 'enqueue' to queue multiple folders to be deleted flashfxp will display a "Deleted 1 Folder and X Files totaling X bytes in X seconds." status message after each enqueued delete operation has been processed.

Is this intentional or should it wait until the entire queue is complete (including any transfers etc) and include the information in full at the end? If the queue is large this could result in status messages regarding such operations to be lost rather than easily visible at the end with the transfers/fails messages.

Ability to drag/drop queue items between instances seems restrictive, it is only working when the queue area in both instances are visible on screen.
When multiple instances are visible (not full screen) no attempt is made to switch focus to the instance you are dragging to so that you can move the curser over the queue area (if the queue area is overlapped by the other instance or another application).
When dragging from a full screen instance over the taskbar button for another instance no attempt is made to switch focus to the other instance so you can drop onto the queue area.
In both cases you are left with an inability to make use of this feature.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Re: Cross-instance drag/drop and Enqueue features

Each delete operation in the queue is a separate task and as such the stats are individual. I will see about having a combined stat for queue complete.

Windows doesn't allow you to drop on the windows taskbar, during the drag operation there's no way to know what task you have the mouse over in the taskbar which prevents us from switching focus.

During the drag/drop operation I will see if there's a way to bring the window drop window into foreground but I think this may create more problems then it will solve.
DayCuts
03-27-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Windows doesn't allow you to drop on the windows taskbar, during the drag operation there's no way to know what task you have the mouse over in the taskbar which prevents us from switching focus.

During the drag/drop operation I will see if there's a way to bring the window drop window into foreground but I think this may create more problems then it will solve.
Windows does not allow you to drop directly onto the taskbar, but if you drag an item (either a file from explorer or desktop, or even the flashfxp banner or text from this forum (in my case using firefox, as ie does not support content dragging from websites it seems)) it will switch focus to that application so you can drop whatever it is onto any part of that application that supports drop areas. For example dragging a file from a local browser panel in flashfxp (both latest beta and old final) will trigger this behavior and allow you to drag that file and drop it into other programs.

There is no focus changing in the case of tiles/overlapped non-maximized applications in windows when using drag/drop (to the visual area of another program not taskbar item) of corse, but as far as windows ability is concerned the former is certainly do-able, and the latter would not be needed as long as the focus switching between windows is availible when dragging from this part of flashfxp.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-28-2009, 10:17 AM

I see. I never knew windows would change focus on an shell file drag/drop. I learned something new.

I'm afraid however that the drag/drop used when dragging between FlashFXP instances is not quite the same type of drag/drop and I suspect that might be why the behavior is different.
DayCuts
04-08-2009, 12:50 AM

I see, hopefully there is a way... if you have to rearrange and resize the instances in order to be able to use the feature then it seems like just as much effort as the prior method of queueing in another instance, closing it out, then loading the autosave queue into the other.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-12-2009, 08:22 PM

I looked into this and because of the method of drag/drop used I'm afraid there's no way to get the taskbar entry to switch focus on drag over. If I try to change the drag/drop method to the type used by windows then internal drag/drop for re-ordering queue items will no longer work properly.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket