Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 150 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Extra 100 bytes added to upload Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 3.6 Final

bstephens
04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Extra 100 bytes added to upload

Hi, I've had a problem with v3.4 that I hoped would be fixed by v3.6, but it still exists. We have a particular customer that we upload zip files to their FTP server. When I use FlashFXP to upload to their server the uploaded file on their server ends up with an extra 100 bytes added to the file size. When I download the file back and compare it to the original (using Flexhex) I see extra "0's" added to the start of the file. The extra 0's cause our customer's PKZip program to see the file as corrupted. Here's the process of elimination I've gone through:

Upload to customer's site using FlashFXP = extra 100 bytes
Upload to customer's site using FTPRush = same file size
Upload to a different site using FlashFXP = same file size

I've also tried both Binary and Auto modes.

So the problem only seems to exist when using FlashFXP to upload to this particular customer. The problems seemed to start when the customer switched to WS_FTP Server 6.0. Please let me know if there is anything we can do about this, or if I need to make a recommendation to my customer. We have all of our workflow set up to use FlashFXP and I'd prefer not to switch over to FTPRush.

Thanks for your help,
Bryan
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Re: Extra 100 bytes added to upload

I am downloading WS_FTP server to test this issue. I noticed that the latest version is 6.1. Perhaps upgrading to 6.1 might resolve this problem?

Couple questions in the meantime.

Are you connecting to the ftp server using a proxy, if yes which type?
Is the ftp server using normal, SSL, or TLS connections?
Are you using passive mode or port mode for file transfers?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-02-2008, 03:02 PM

I got WS_FTP server 6.1 installed, after testing every combination that I can think of I was not able to reproduce this behavior.
bstephens
04-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Hi bigstar, thank you for testing that. Would it be a big problem for you to test 6.0? I would like to know for sure that asking my customer to upgrade is going to help.

Thanks,

Bryan
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-03-2008, 12:37 PM

I can test v6.0 if you can get me a copy of it, I was not able to find the older version on their website.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket