Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 153 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Default remote path in site manager Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.6 Final

dr_manian
04-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Default remote path in site manager

Greetings!

I'm writting this because i think it does (somewhate very little) impact my productivity w/ your tool aka the super nifty FlashFXP.

My concern is this: Is it REALLY necessary for the remote path to reset each time you change the ip/port of a bookmark entry?

I think this idea might have potential for SOME ppl but definately not for all. For this, i would suggest making this feature an enabled feature (via the options...) but, by default, i would leave the remote path the same, regardless if the site's infos have been changed or not.

I don't know if this feature (of the path getting erased) was requested, but according to my side of the story, it's more of a nuisance than a utility.

Thanks for your time in reading my concern and, as usual, keep up your great work on FlashFXP, it's really the defacto...

DLS
A very satisfied FlashFXP user

P.S.: If you could make a Linux port, i would sure pay another licence fee
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Re: Default remote path in site manager

This is not the intended behavior.

Can you please provide me with your exact steps to reproduce this behavior, as I am unable to.
dr_manian
04-20-2008, 09:52 AM

Hi! (sorry for the late reply).

In order to reproduce the bug, you need to have 1 site already created under the site manager and then all that needs to be done is changing the IP to anything else.

Boom, default path resets itself.

Thanks!

DLS
dr_manian
04-20-2008, 09:53 AM

(My installation comes from an upgrade btw, it is NOT a fresh install of the latest version)
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-20-2008, 08:52 PM

I'm not quite sure whats going on.

I've reviewed the code and the remote path is set only when the site is loaded, It doesn't change anywhere else. I'm really not sure how changing the ip or port of an entry can reset the of the remote path.
dr_manian
04-23-2008, 11:12 PM

Yes, me neither... Well okay i will try back from scratch and see what happens & keep an update...

DLS
dr_manian
07-19-2008, 08:45 PM

Hi again!

Okay, so after formatting back to XP Pro 32 bits fully patched and installed FFXP v3.6.0 b1240 on a clean system i can definately says that there's a very minor glitch w/ the "remote path" text box under the site manager.

Here's how i break it:

1. i created a new site, name + ip + port + login + passwd + remote path are the only fields i touch and i also go under "SSL" and go for "Auth TLS" and tick "Secure site to site..." -> OK

2. i closed the site manager window, then F4 to reopen and reselected that same site i just created.

3. in the "Ip address" field i paste a 'ip:port' of the updated site's infos and both new IP & port text box get updated right but "remote path" resets itself. (the IP's highlighted before i CTRL+V even tho i doubt that really matters).

Your code hates ip:port form i think. Should i go for ip:port:remotepath? :)

DLS
DayCuts
07-20-2008, 03:48 PM

Does this occur if you manually type in a new ip or paste just a new ip (without port etc)?

Could be related to the ftp link parsing that the ip field does, maybe triggering a full ftp link validation when its not a full ftp:// entered?
dr_manian
07-21-2008, 03:40 PM

This happens only when i'm pasting a new hostort.

So i'm in site manager, under IP address i'll paste in "1.2.3.4:21" and the both the IP and port fields get updated and the remote path field resets.
DayCuts
07-21-2008, 05:11 PM

Definately sounds like it is parsing the input as a full ftp link, maybe the behavior/parsing can be changed to only evaluate as a full ftp link if it includes a trailing / after the port number AND/OR leadnig ftp://. This was a simple ip : port is treated differently and wont affect the remote path field.

I can also confirm that this behavior exists in previous versions at least as far back as the 3.6 final.

On another note, when pasting full ftp links you need to be careful of usernames/passwords that contain a percent sign (%), because flashfxp runs a routine to evaluate these as html encoded charactors and can result in incorrectly saves un/pw. This bothered me at first because but due to the nature of ftp:// links as copied from browsers i am not sure there is anything that can be done about it without causing more problems with un/pw that infact need to be evaluated that way.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-22-2008, 01:12 PM

I will change the way pasted urls are handled so that an empty path will not replace the existing value.

This will be updated in the next release.
dr_manian
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Superb! It will definately benefit me in the way i am using your fine product.

Thanks alot for your efficient ways of handling things!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-30-2008, 09:40 PM

This change is now available in the latest beta release v3.7.2 build 1270, There's a link via our website.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket