Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1020 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Keyboard Authentication Requested? Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.0.0

nika
03-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Keyboard Authentication Requested?

Hi,

Since a few months I always get a popup "Keyboard Authentication Requested" when connecting to SFTP sites. Can this be skipped somehow? Mostly I just cancel the popup and the connection to the site still works.

Regards,

Nika.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Re: Keyboard Authentication Requested?

Hello,

What is the vendor and version of the SFTP server?

What specific version/build of the FlashFXP software are you using?

In FlashFXP under the Site Manager > Site Profile what do you have selected for the "Login Type" field?
Is the password field filled in?
Do you have a Private Key set?

Also on the Keyboard Authentication Request prompt, what is the exact text of the prompt? It should be shown on the prompt as well as in the session status window.
nika
03-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Re: Keyboard Authentication Requested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Hello,

What is the vendor and version of the SFTP server?

What specific version/build of the FlashFXP software are you using?

In FlashFXP under the Site Manager > Site Profile what do you have selected for the "Login Type" field?
Is the password field filled in?
Do you have a Private Key set?

Also on the Keyboard Authentication Request prompt, what is the exact text of the prompt? It should be shown on the prompt as well as in the session status window.
Hello bigstar,

I don't know the vendor as it's our company provided SFTP service I am using. I am on 5.0.0.3805, Login Type is set to "Normal" and yes, the password is filled in. No Private Key.

The Keyboard Authentication prompt simply says "Keyboard authentication" and "Enter password:", but as mentioned, when I hit cancel it still opens the SFTP site.

To explain in more detail, I take these steps:

1. I generate a new user on our portal for the FTP site (this is an internal thing)
2. I open FlashFXP
3. I click Quick Connect, choose Connection Type SFTP over SSH and enter the FTP details (site, port 22, username and password)
4. I click Connect and the Keyboard authentication prompt occurs
5. I click cancel and the folder list is still displayed and I can transfer files

Regards,

Nika.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket