Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 962 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: FTPS not showing all files Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 5.0.0 RC 2

IlKevinlI
08-22-2014, 06:13 AM
FTPS not showing all files

Hi,
I am having a strange issue. For some reason, when I connect to my Synology NAS using FTPS, it is not showing all of the files. If I connect using SFTP, it shows all of the files. If I use another FTP client (Filezilla) and connect using FTPS, I can see all of the files. I am using version 5.0.0 Build 3761. Thanks.

P.S. Version 4.4.4 build 2046 shows all files.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Re: FTPS not showing all files

What list method are you using in FlashFXP? LIST, LIST -al, MLSD, STAT -l

Is List Parameters set to show hidden files?

What list method are you using in FileZilla?

How many files are in the directory in each client?

What build did you first notice this problem?

Can you try a previous builds of FlashFXP to determine when the problem might of first appeared?

I'm not sure why this problem would show up now unless its a configuration problem in FlashFXP.
IlKevinlI
08-22-2014, 08:11 AM

I just happen to try using FTPS with this build, so this is the first time I noticed it. All settings are the default settings. However, while looking at all the settings, I see a box on the SSL tab called "Secure File Listing". If I uncheck that box, I can see all of the files. I'm not sure what that means, and like I said, it works fine in the latest 4.4 build with the default settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
What list method are you using in FlashFXP? LIST, LIST -al, MLSD, STAT -l

Is List Parameters set to show hidden files?

What list method are you using in FileZilla?

How many files are in the directory in each client?

What build did you first notice this problem?

Can you try a previous builds of FlashFXP to determine when the problem might of first appeared?

I'm not sure why this problem would show up now unless its a configuration problem in FlashFXP.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-22-2014, 08:18 AM

Can you please check the session status window and see if both v4.4 and v5.0 are using the same command for listing.

The critical part looks like this.

[08:16:56] [R] MLSD
[08:16:56] [R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for MLSD

[08:17:29] [R] LIST -al
[08:17:29] [R] 150 Data connection accepted. transfer starting.

Also how many files are in the directory listing when truncated vs complete?

Can you view the raw directory listing for both versions (Under main menu > Directory > View Raw Directory) and see where in the listing the entries are missing, beginning, middle, end, or random.
IlKevinlI
08-22-2014, 08:36 AM

Here are the status windows for both versions:

When I look at the "View Raw Directory" window, both show missing files and folders. That is weird because I can see all of the files and folders in version 4.4.

There are 502 total items.

If you want, I can create you a username and password so you can test. Just let me know.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-22-2014, 08:42 AM

Yes if you could create an account that would be great, please send the information in a private message.

In the meantime i will review your logs.
IlKevinlI
08-22-2014, 08:52 AM

Check your PMs
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-22-2014, 10:00 AM

Thank you so much IlKevinlI for providing me with a test account.

With direct access to the server I was able to replicate the problem and discovered an unexpected flaw in a routine that reads any remaining data left in the local socket buffer after the SSL/TLS layer has been shutdown by the remote server.

The problem was not apparent on any of my test servers which would of made this bug extremely difficult to pin point.

I sent the fix to IlKevinlI and he confirmed that the issue is now resolved.

A fix will be available on the website for everyone else to download within the hour.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket