Title: Transfer from FTP to NAS crashes FlashFXP application Status: Closed
Severity: Major Version: 5.0.0 RC 2

Feejus
08-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Transfer from FTP to NAS crashes FlashFXP application

FlashFXP version: 5.0.0 (build 3756) [RC 2]
Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64

Issue:
I currently connect to an external FTP server to download files from. I also have my NAS server shares mapped in Windows. In this case it is the M:\ drive. My ISP provide me with a 50Mbit line to the internet so quite a good speed. I connect to the Ftp server pick my file and try to download it directly to the networkshare. All seems to be going well until about 99% and it stops. Looking at the NAS you can see activity on the NAS. I left this for 10 - 5 min at this time it would have been finished, however it was not still at 99% (file size 200mb).

Result:
FlashFXP application crashes, can't kill the process and it hangs the NAS server ( all the drivers are working / blinking) after forcefully shutdown the PC the writing / reading stops on the NAS server. In my case i tried this twice and the result was the same, the file size was about 400Mb however 331Mb was written to the NAS server file was not completed.

Again happy to provide you with logs / video of the issue.

Thank you
Essa
essa.moshiri
08-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Re: Transfer from FTP to NAS crashes FlashFXP application

I got the exact the same issue.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-11-2014, 03:13 AM

Please download and try v4.4 and let me know if you experience the same problem

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download

If you also have the problem with v4.4 too, was there a older version of FlashFXP that worked fine?

I am not able to reproduce this problem with my NAS so it might be specific to your configuration or situation which may make this a bit more difficult to diagnose.
essa.moshiri
08-11-2014, 05:00 AM

Hi Bigstar.
Before I do a major troubleshooting. Can you please advise if you need me to enable some extra debug logs? I understand that it could be a particular issue with my setup so was just wondering as i don't want to force shutdown the machine multiple times.

Thank you
Essa
essa.moshiri
08-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Hi Bigstar,
Just done a test with version 4.4.4 2046 of FlashFXP. Setup was the same as above description.

M:\ - Drive which is my Thecsus NAS server.
Windows 8.1 same machine no changes made.

Transferred a file of 6 Gigabyte to the NAS over WAN and it worked perfect without any issues. No crash and all looking good. Seems to me it is related to version 5.0 RC2.

Thank you
Essa
essa.moshiri
08-13-2014, 04:43 AM

Hi, Since the case 959 has been resolved with uninstall and reinstall. I will now go on and try again and see if i can reproduce the same issue i have reported earlier.
essa.moshiri
08-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Hi, I now got an update for this case.

I am just running the FlashFXP against my NAS driver version 5.0 RC2 and I am getting very high CPU load, it has been 15% constant. The file size is about 8Gigabyte.

The download is from a WAN to NAS directly and the average speed is about 4.87Mbyte / sec.

I have screenshot but not sure how to attach it to this case.

* No compression used
* Flasfxp 5.0 RC2 3756
* Windows 8.1. Latest patches applied
* Issue has not been seen with version 4.4.4
* FTPserver - vsFTPd 2.3.5
* Connection over TLS (TLSv1 negotiation successful...
[R] TLSv1 encrypted session using cipher AES256-SHA (256 bits)
* Trendmicro Officescan 11.0.1454
* No Firewall
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-14-2014, 03:33 PM

So the problem was fixed and now its back?

Please try upgrading to 5.0 build 3757 and let me know if it makes any difference.
essa.moshiri
08-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Hi Bigstar,
I very appreciate your help on this matter.

Now in terms of the issue reported with high cpu load from TLS FTP server that has been resolved.
This issue is slightly diffrent, but that said lets close both of this issues for now, if i can reproduce it I open a new case.

# I just upgraded to latest build (credit to you all, the upgrade process is so smooth).
# Running latest release, I connected to the TLS FTP server
# Downloaded a 1 gig file to the NAS no high CPU.

However that said i restarted the FlashFXP before doing the download. The download took about 5 min to complete.

In regards to the issue reported, i do not have any application crash with FlashFXP 5.x so we can close this.

Once again thank you very much for your support.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket