Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 939 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Queue(manually created) not loading small file when at end Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.4

SamKook
04-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Queue(manually created) not loading small file when at end

I create my own queues from a batch file and I noticed that, once in a while and across many version, that the last file wasn't added and I just figured out why.

I don't add a blank line at the end of the queue file and the last file doesn't load in FlashFXP when and only when it's less than 10MB(under 10000000 bytes to be precise).

I thought it was an odd behavior since it's always worked fine with a file bigger than 10MB at the end so I decided to report it instead of only adding the blank line myself in case it could cause other unpredictable behavior.

To recreate, simply create a queue in FlashFXP with a file smaller than 10MB as the last file and edit it with a text editor to remove the blank line at the end.

I'm using win7 x64 SP1 and FlashFXP 4.4.4 b2042, just in case.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Re: Queue(manually created) not loading small file when at end

I was able to reproduce the problem using the information exactly as you described and I have determined the cause of it.

The reason this doesn't work (aside from the fact that every entry should with a CR/LF) is that the internal buffer isn't initialized prior to use so it contains random data.

While in theory this shouldn't be a problem as long as we read from the part of the buffer that contains valid data, but there is a flaw that allows the parser function to read past the valid data and into the invalid area.

So the result is the valid data plus random data from memory.

Now this is where things get interesting, after each queue item is loaded from the file and into memory the data is validated and throws out any invalid entries, the item without the CR/LF is thrown out.

You mention that depending on the file size it works/doesn't work. Since random data is being read I suspect that this isn't too much of a factor but just luck.

I have addressed this issue for the next update.

You should always ensure that each queue entry ends with a CR/LF.
SamKook
04-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Re: Queue(manually created) not loading small file when at end

I guess the buffer keeps the data from the previous line in the queue and since the my other files are always 400MB, the CR/LF or enough of it from the previous line is at the right place as long as the last item is over 10MB.

I already fixed my script to add the final CR/LF and it's good to know it's required, it's hard to find information about how the queue is actually made.

Thanks for fixing this.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket