Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 924 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: cannot ctrl+highlight block sections individually Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.4

aahtoobee
01-04-2014, 09:20 AM
cannot ctrl+highlight block sections individually

Hello,

This problem has cropped up before, and it was fixed immediately, but now it seems with the latest version its gone back to how it was before - so I'm just going to copy and paste from a thread I made back in March 2013....

"hello,
using the latest version and a previous one available to me, i can't select blocked sections manually.

eg. theres a list of 300 files. if i hold down ctrl+shift and click, i select 1 block of files, say 1-50.

If i then want to select say files 200-250, hold down ctrl+shift and click again, instead of keeping 1-50 highlighted, and highlighting 200-250, it will simply fill in the 'gap' and select all the files, 1-250.

if that makes sense.

it didnt used to do this in old versions. i dont get why its doing this now, but it makes the program useless for me."
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Re: cannot ctrl+highlight block sections individually

What specific version / build did you notice this issue with?

Are you pressing the ctrl key while drag/selecting the next block of items?

I tested several different combinations but was unable to notice any unusual behavior.
aahtoobee
01-04-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
What specific version / build did you notice this issue with?

Are you pressing the ctrl key while drag/selecting the next block of items?

I tested several different combinations but was unable to notice any unusual behavior.
yes, i am pressing the ctrl key.
it is build 2029.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-04-2014, 12:13 PM

After some extensive testing I did find one issue where after after making my first selection then holding the ctrl key and then trying to select a new block of items it refuses to select anything, releasing ctrl and trying again seems to work. Is this the issue you're seeing or is this something else?

I doubt the Windows OS is a factor but what version of Windows are you using?
aahtoobee
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
After some extensive testing I did find one issue where after after making my first selection then holding the ctrl key and then trying to select a new block of items it refuses to select anything, releasing ctrl and trying again seems to work. Is this the issue you're seeing or is this something else?

I doubt the Windows OS is a factor but what version of Windows are you using?

yes this is the problem.
im on w7 64 bit.

as i said in my original post, this is what was happening before. a new build was made quickly and it was fixed.
here is the original thread.
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/flashf...-new-post.html
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Would it be possible to make a video showing the selection issue?

I am struggling to find a exact test case where I can reproduce this behavior.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket