Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 526 Category: General / Unknown
Title: German "Umlauts" broken in 4.1.0.1609 Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.1 beta

J3nsHaa9
07-12-2011, 03:24 AM
German "Umlauts" broken in 4.1.0.1609

Dear sirs,

I just encountered a german Umlauts bug in FlashFXP version: 4.1.0 (build 1609) [BETA]. When connecting to a Ubuntu 11.04 SFTP account, the Umlauts are broken.

Server string: OpenSSH_5.8p1 Debian-1ubuntu3 (SFTP v3)

For example, the folder "Öffentlich" will be shown as "Öffentlich", the folder "Arbeitsfläche" as "Arbeitsfläche".

If you create a folder on the SFTP server, Flashfxp will show the Umlaut corrent, but on the server the Umlaut is marked with a "?".

The Ubuntu environment ist set to LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8.

If you need more information, please drop me a line.

I wonder why there is no option in FlashFXP to set the
character set manually like in Putty?

Best regards
J3nsHaa9
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Re: German "Umlauts" broken in 4.1.0.1609

Thank you for contacting us.

It appears that SFTP profiles are missing the character encoding setting that is available to FTP sites as because of this the listing is being treated as ANSI.

I will have a test build available later today which adds this functionality to SFTP profiles.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-12-2011, 12:20 PM

I have added this feature in build 1610.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-13-2011, 03:49 PM

In build 1610 when implementing a configurable "character encoding" feature the default behavior broke compatibility with pretty much all existing SFTP servers that do not use UTF-8.

So I have been forced to revised SFTP character encoding auto detection selection. If the SFTP version is 3 or below we now default to ANSI to maintain compatibility and consistancy with previous versions of FlashFXP.

What this means is that in the next release you will need to manually select UTF8 as the character encoding via the Site Manager > Connection tab.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket