Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 423 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Unable to edit file and re-upload + no prompt Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.0

JGOe2s
12-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Unable to edit file and re-upload + no prompt

Hi,

I was testing the new file edit method but I'm not able to upload after hitting save.
See attached screenshot for details. I do not have this problem with the same server with the FlashFXP 3.6 I'm running atm on my main machine.

http://fileshare.e2s.be/temp/FlashFXPbug2.png

EDIT: I know the problem, the problem is that flashfxp uses the full path now for the STOR command. Apparently this ftp server has problems with that. Any reason why you are using full paths now for STOR ?

Another bug I experience: I enabled also a costum app to edit the files, I set "prompt before upload". Sometimes I get the prompt for save, but often I don't get any prompt at all :|

EDIT: It's very likely that this bug is caused when windows is re-using the same temp path for a file. The first time it works, but second time when same temp path is re-used not anymore.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Re: Unable to edit file and re-upload + no prompt

FlashFXP will use the full path if the current directory is not the same directory that the file being edited is located in, if you have caching enabled being in a folder via the client doesn't mean you're in the same folder from the server point of view, since the folder changes are only done on non-cached folders.

However when I added the new prompt code (it was done in a last minute change) I broke the above logic so it always uses the full path even if you're in the current directory.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Another bug I experience: I enabled also a costum app to edit the files, I set "prompt before upload". Sometimes I get the prompt for save, but often I don't get any prompt at all :|

EDIT: It's very likely that this bug is caused when windows is re-using the same temp path for a file. The first time it works, but second time when same temp path is re-used not anymore.
Edit/Delete Message
Is it completely random?

Does it occur after an upload error? A bug was discovered earlier today that when prompt is selected and there's an upload failure it will automatically turn off prompting, this can be seen by the status of the "active edits" dialog.

if not can you perhaps give me a step by step guide of what you do to reproduce it.

Thus far I have not been able to reproduce this issue.
JGOe2s
12-29-2010, 05:26 AM

Well it would be nice if you fix the bug and start using the relative path again after editing file.

I also found out when the problem of editing a file and no prompt anymore happens:
It happens when the first time the edit of the file fails for any reason. For example you try to edit the file on an ftp without write permissions, or any other reason. The second time there will be no prompt anymore for the same filename. I was only testing this case before, so that's why I had it each time.
In that case and in case of SSL, I also saw the flashfxp status window hangs, but not sure if that is caused by flashfxp or the ftpd who doesnt reply anymore with right code.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM

A new build has been posted with a fix, you can download it directly at
http://down1.opensightsoftware.com/F...1519_Setup.exe
JGOe2s
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM

Apparently this download was version 1518 when I tested the download.
Also when trying to upgrade my 1518 from inside flashfxp, it tries to download the 1518 again instead of the 1519/1520.

I now leeched the 1520 from the main page and used that to upgrade.
All works perfectly now and also the STOR path is relative again, nice !
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket