Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 222 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Site Manager Synchronization Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 3.6 Final

brian6
08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Site Manager Synchronization

I had multiple copies of FlashFXP open at that same time. I added a site to Site Manager and uploaded some files. After closing the FlashFXP session I went to the other FlashFXP and noticed that the newly created FTP Site was not listed in Site Manager. I made sure all FlashFXP windows were closed and open a single instance. The new FTP site was not listed.

Finally, I re-added the site, connected to it, closed FlashFXP and reopened. The site was there.

Basically, if two or more windows are open, it seems like that last copy of FlashFXP overwrites the Site Manager data with its version upon closing.

Thanks,
Brian
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Re: Site Manager Synchronization

FlashFXP will synchronize any site changes from one instance to any other active instances provided they're all using the same data configuration.

I've tested this and its working just fine, I'm not quite sure why it didn't for you.
brian6
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM

This is very repeatable for me.

What do you mean by "provided they're all using the same data configuration"? I didn't change the location of my data file between opening instances of the application.

Here is a summary of my steps to reproduce, please verify that this is what you are doing?

1. Open Flash FXP #1
2. Open Flash FXP #2
3. Create a site in Flash FXP #1 Site Manager called "Test Site", click Apply, then click Done.
4. Switch over to Flash FXP #2. The new site is not listed in Site Manager.
5. Close Flash FXP #1.
6. Close Flash FXP #2. (all instances should now be closed)
7. Open Flash FXP again and look for the "Test Site" in Site Manager. It is not listed.

Even if I reverse the order of closing (steps #5 and #6) I still find that my newly created site is missing.

@bigstar: Does the synchronization that you are seeing happen instantly as you are adding sites or how should that work?

Another note, I am running Windows Vista SP1.

Thanks,
Brian
RxZcums
08-13-2008, 05:31 AM

it's really not a bug!
be'coz the flashfxp save sites when it closing!

when 1# flashfxp start, the site.dat doesn't contain the site "test site", and Of course can't see "test site" in 1# flashfxp! then u close the 1# flashfxp, it Of course save the site.dat without "test site"...

really not a bug

regards
rxzcums
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Synchronization isn't instant, an action needs to occur. If you already have the site manager open it will not reflect the changes made in another copy, these changes wont appear until the site manager is re-opened.

Or say you add a site in FlashFXP #1 and then in FlashFXP #2 click the connect menu the new site will appear.

If all else fails....

There is an advanced setting only settable via the ini file directly, that only saves the changes on exit, perhaps you set it and forgot about it?

If you have this option set synchronization will not occur.

Open the FlashFXP.ini file in a text editor, you can find the location of this file from within flashfxp on the main menu, help, about, then details tab.

once you got the file open look under the [main] section for SaveOnExit=1 to revert FlashFXP back to the default behavior simply remove this line.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket