Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 131 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Synchronized Browsing Bug Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 3.6 Final

fj34fj20gfh4
03-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Synchronized Browsing Bug

Hi,

I like the synchronized browsing feature very much. But there's a minor bug, that can cause the folders to get out of sync.

Steps:
1. Connect and enable synchronized browsing.
2. Choose a local folder, press enter and quickly press cursor up or down

Voilá, you see different folder - not in sync any more.

Thanks

Thomas
-------------------------------
Synchronize Outlook
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Re: Synchronized Browsing Bug

How exactly are you selecting the local folder by using what interface the combobox, treview, or listview?
fj34fj20gfh4
03-09-2008, 04:23 AM

By list view.

Thomas
-------------------------------
Synchronize Outlook
DayCuts
03-11-2008, 02:45 AM

Not the same issue, but just something i noticed with SB that seemed odd (intended behavior maybe?)

Anyway, i was doing some stuff on two remote sites using SB, then disconnected the sites as i was done and went afk, when i came back at a later stage i had forgotten that SB was on. I switched one side to a local view and tried to navigate to another location. Because SB was enabled, i was prevented from being able to change directories at all on the local side.

Is this intended behavior or is it a bug caused by flashfxp not being able to do anything on the remote side since its not connected, and not browsing a cache? (L side was in remote view but not connected, R side was a local view)
DayCuts
03-11-2008, 02:53 AM

I can also confirm the OP's bug report, highlighting a local folder and hitting enter with SB on cause the other side to change first, if the highlighted folder is changed (up or down arrow to select another) while the other side is busy changing, when it comes time for the local side to change it ends up in the wrong directory. Changes to the one highlighted and not the one that was highlighted when you hit enter and began the SB process.

This does not happen when using SB with two remote panels, as the active panel is changed first while in a remote/local situation the remote panel is changed first allowing time for local highlight to be altered.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-12-2008, 01:12 AM

I do the majority of my testing on lan based ftp servers so folder changes are instant, I switched over to an internet based ftp server and I was able to reproduce this problem.

This will not be an easy fix, I'll have to think about it for awhile and come up with the best way to handle this type of situation.
DayCuts
03-12-2008, 04:14 AM

I am not sure how it is done now, but could you not put the information into a variable and reference the variable, that way the highlighted folder doesnt matter after the process has been started. As apposed to (assumption) directly referencing the highlighted item in the ftp view.

Obviously not familiar with the codebase but this seems like a fairly faultless change, that is dumping the info into a var and reading from that rather than directly from the view, should not produce any side effects to other situations with SB. I'd assume it would use more cycles and memory, but so minute that even the slowest system should not notice a difference.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-12-2008, 04:24 PM

No not exactly, in this situation everything is event based. it would be better to have the sync browsing trigger occur after the local folder has changed but since things are event based its hard to directly determine if the folder change was supposed to be sync'd vs syncing based on the actual event that triggered the folder change.

One idea I have is to simply disable input from the local browser during sync browsing that way the folder can't be changed accidentally but I need to make sure it works smoothly.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-14-2008, 09:50 PM

After testing out several different solutions to this problem it looks like the best solution would be to switch the chain of commands around so that the sync occurs last and changing the syncing to use the same method used by the dropdown/treeview, this method uses absolute paths when performing the sync.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket