Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 489 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Renaming Files local or remote Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Major Version: 4.1 beta

Ajeh
05-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Renaming Files local or remote

When trying to rename files, the filename is selected but not anything beyond the . for the extension.

Then, on the remote side, renaming is next to impossible as you cannot change a portion of the name, example, rename myfile.php_OLD to myfile.php

I might be able to delete 1 to 2 letters per attempt, but it keeps going back to either the old name or I can only get down to: myfile.php_

Eventually, deleting the file is the only option and this is a major problem if you have the files:
myfile.php
myfile.php_OLD

on the local.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Re: Renaming Files local or remote

What version of Windows are you using and what locale?

By default only the name portion of the file is selected, you should be able to use the mouse or keyboard arrows to position the cursor or select any part of the file name.

From what you're describing sounds like the text selection and perhaps the entire text is being reset while trying to edit it, is this correct? This behavior should not occur. The selection is only done once.

I am not able to reproduce this behavior.

Is there any 3rd party applications installed on your computer that might be conflicting with FlashFXP?
Ajeh
05-05-2011, 09:31 AM

I am using XP Professional Service Pack 3

Yes, I can reposition the cursor, but I still have the renaming issue of not being able to change the extension completely.

Additional info: What appears to be happening is that it cannot rename on the server the file if the new name exists. I have never had this issue in any previous version of FlashFXP 3.x and older. If I delete the existing file, then it will allow the rename properly.

Am I missing a setting?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-05-2011, 09:44 AM

How are you experiencing problems changing the extension? Perhaps I don't understand.

When you rename a remote file to a name of an existing file FlashFXP will give you a warning prompt because the result is unpredictable by FlashFXP as some ftp servers will allow it by replacing the existing file with the one that was renamed, while others will report an error indicating the rename failed.
Ajeh
05-05-2011, 10:00 AM

I want to put this ticket on hold for a bit.

I am looking into a server issue right now. I don't know if it is related or not.

I will let you know if this continues once the server issue if resolved.
Ajeh
05-05-2011, 12:23 PM

The only difference between the server that the rename does not work on and the other servers where it does work is that I am connecting SFTP.

So if I have a file:
myfile.php_OLD
myfile.php

and try to rename myfile.php_OLD to myfile.php I get the warning that this will overwrite the existing file or it can fail ... and it fails.

Only if I delete the file myfile.php can I then rename myfile.php_OLD to myfile.php
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket