Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 952 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Scheduled Tasks not moving files between servers Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.4

simondev
05-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Scheduled Tasks not moving files between servers

We have FlashFXP Client 4.4.4 (Build 2043) on Windows 2008 Server R2 on vSphere VM ware.

I have implemented 3 sites under user 'Smith' and created 3 fqf queue files with scheduled tasks. The setup used the 'Smith' account name with the Windows option of 'Run task only when user is logged in'. All 3 interfaces ran correctly at this point but would require user 'Smith' to always be logged in.

We created an FTP Admin account and logged in as user 'FTP_Admin'. I had to recreate the 3 tasks (all other information created under user 'Smith' was still visible) and pick the 'Run task whether user is logged on or not'. I then entered the password. The purpose of this is to ensure that the FlashFXP interfaces will work regardless of who is logged on.

I found that the tasks are shown as running in the Task Scheduler but when I check, no files are moved between our local server and the remote server. This was working under user 'Smith'.

Are there any other setttings/steps I need to do to enable the jobs to run under this new user?

Thanks in advance
Simon.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-24-2014, 06:18 AM
Re: Scheduled Tasks not moving files between servers

Off hand I cant think of anything else.

You might want to turn on session logging via the scheduled task dialog and then check the log file for errors.
simondev
05-25-2014, 02:39 AM

Thanks. Will Check the logs as you suggest.

Can I confirm my understanding is correct regarding the FTP user (with windows admin rights) we have created. Having created the 3 scheduled tasks with this user and selecting the 'Run task whether user is logged on or not' it asks for a password. I enter this password and save. The password box is displayed as empty after doing this...assume that is correct? Any change I make to the 3 interfaces requests that password be entered again..assume intended functionality? Finally, in doing this I should be able to log off from Windows completely and the jobs will still run as I have set up as 'Run task whether user is logged on or not' ?

Thanks.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-25-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simondev
The password box is displayed as empty after doing this...assume that is correct? Any change I make to the 3 interfaces requests that password be entered again..assume intended functionality? Finally, in doing this I should be able to log off from Windows completely and the jobs will still run as I have set up as 'Run task whether user is logged on or not' ?
Yes this is correct, We use Windows Task Scheduler for scheduling and running the task, the password you enter is stored as part of the scheduled task, for security purposes we do not store this password within FlashFXP. Any changes to the schedule aspect of the task requires this password to be re-entered.

In my previous reply I suggested you turn on logging within FlashFXP, but if no log is generated this may indicate a problem launching FlashFXP, this can be checked via the Windows Task Scheduler event log.
Windows Control Panel > Administrative tools > Task Scheduler.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket