Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 855 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Corrupted Hebrew File Names Status: Closed
Severity: Major Version: 4.3 stable

roger22
04-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Corrupted Hebrew File Names

Hey,
Recently I upgraded my system to Win 8 and installed the lastest stable version of FlashFXP.
On my ftp server, I have some files that named in Hebrew which FlashFXP can't show (it shows up as weird characters). Also when I try to enter\download the files that named like that I get error " [R] 550 Can't change directory to ×*תן גושן-בן כל הרעש×℠ם האלב×⠀¢Ã— המלא: No such file or directory ".

Things I tried before contact you and didn't work:
1. Setting up FlashFXP interface font to Hebrew font.
2. Setting up the encoding in site manager and in the preferences to Auto\ANSI\UTF8.
3. Upgrading to the latest beta.

Thank you
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Re: Corrupted Hebrew File Names

I assume that this worked in your previous version of windows?

I'm not 100% familiar with Windows 8 but does it allow you to set the language for non-Unicode programs? (I only use it for testing compatibility)

In Windows 7 this is located in the Windows Control Panel under "Region and Language" and then click on the Administrative tab, the section is named "Language for non-Unicode programs", finally click "Change system locale"

Alternatively you might be interested in knowing that we're working on a Unicode edition of FlashFXP, right now we're in the alpha testing phase and hope to move to beta by the end of the month. If you'd like to become a tester let me know and I can give you access to the alpha release.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Re: Corrupted Hebrew File Names

Please download FlashFXP v5.0 and let us know if you continue to encounter this issue.

FlashFXP v5.0 provides full utf-8/unicode support.

The current beta can be downloaded from our website at
https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download-beta
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket