Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 255 Category: General / Unknown
Title: In Upload the finish mode are not send the Server Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 3.7.4 BETA

Oldbunny
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
In Upload the finish mode are not send the Server

FlashFXP ver 3.7.4.1291 Beta Maintenance release 09/24/2008

When my Upload of 2.7 Gb is final there is no detection to Close/END signal send to Server and the upload is left not Close.. is wait for ever.

When result i conducted via sfv test it doesn't pass shows as bad transfer!

I re-upload again with the same bad results!

This happens as well with previous 2 GB upload as well with the same endless uploading mode at the final finish line..

A couple years ago I can't recall what release was but have the same reported story so in effect I change the buffer send size and this help a little.

I runs under Windows XP SP3 with 2 GB RAM.

This problems doesn't occuring on the same very fast Server with 20 MB/sec transfer speed when I uploading small file say like a 5 Mb and doesn't do that when downloading unlimited file size.

The only one case is occuring with the Upload over 2 GB size single file with current Beta.

I try the same on a differ Server with the same size etc results to get the upload mode endless wait to Close!

This sounds to me isn't a timing on Server but internal matter od client.

I didn't have such problems with previous early releases all for last 1 year atleast ans on this same Server.

So this will eliminate posibility with the Server Timing in the right point I guess.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Re: In Upload the finish mode are not send the Server

If I understand the problem correctly, the transfer completes to 100% then but it hangs?

Have you tried enabling the "send noops during transfer" option for the site?

Assuming your referring to a FTP transfer nothing has changed that would effect the behavior of the file transfers, perhaps something changed on the server.
Oldbunny
09-25-2008, 11:31 PM

Yes.. the FTP transfer complete in 100% but NO Hangs!

It just still the upload Open like wait for more data.. and wait for confirmation all done!

This is endless!

A few minuts ago till right now (15 minuts delay) I reupload since yesturday Post and Upload done in 100% but there is no Close.. still wait for confirmation.

Then now a new msg:

" Socket Error: 10054: Connection reset by peer! Transfer Failed!"

On the Server site the one file which was listed in upload and transfer in 100% .. now appear with (0) empty.

I didn't use 'send noops during transfer ever' and the other party wait and watch till the finish which at the end finally "Time-Out" and abort!

Nothing have change on the Server before as well during the transfer!

We both eager to find the reason.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-26-2008, 01:03 PM

Please try with "send noops during transfer" checked.

I suspect that the transfer fails before the transfer is completed completely but FlashFXP doesn't for some reason see the failure. Perhaps you can post the ftp session log.
Oldbunny
09-27-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
the the transfer may fail before the transfer was complete
Good guess inregard I was suspecting such things when review my log showing just a one sentece in red "Errorr Occur" and continue without break or abort.

Anyway I uninstall and reinstall and set the "noop" as default active for all regardless where im going.

Next re-upload this Data and at final all transfer coming clear!

Now have question myself.. why since the latest Beta update I have runs this noop active?

Possible.. because is still BETA and need more testing with Bugs if any.

There is no make any change in config on my site as well as other Servers but with same results?

So it means there is something missing I guess.

Anyway.. glad that this bad experience is over..

Besite that all remain aspects inregard this Beta Maintenance release is workin fine!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-27-2008, 03:32 PM

Its very hard to say. It seems like either something changed on the ftp server or something inbetween you and the ftp server.. Certain routers and firewalls will only keep inactive connections open for so long, After a long period of inactivity they will drop the connection and report the same error you showed me.

The only way around this issue is to send noops during transfer, however not all ftp servers support this method. If some of your other sites start giving you other errors you may need to select it only for the sites where its needed.

Very little if anything has been changed with FTP transfers in several months. I've been focusing on SFTP and other things. FTP for the most part has went untouched because it works fine.
Oldbunny
09-28-2008, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the tips and explaination.. will follows up and trying all the new steps to keep the Sever live.

Now I recall it was exacly 2 years ago I have the same problem and you sugest to set the noops on and all was working fine.

The next since new release was shows and was workin fine I turn off the noops.

I hope now the new 1292 will not need to use the noops.. or whatever.

EDIT:
Yes.. now since ugrage into FlashFXP ver 3.7.5.1292 - 09 28 2008 under heavy upload/download test
I don't need anymore use the noops!

Everything under the new upgrade so far working fine without any problems!

The new Tray Tip are very handy when FlasFXP in action and I do some other job!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket