Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 824 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: File browser keyboard shortcut inconsistency Status: Closed (Duplicate)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

martingrooss
02-08-2013, 09:21 AM
File browser keyboard shortcut inconsistency

When renaming a folder or file from within FlashFXP I use keyboard shortcuts, but I have discovered a small but very annoying inconsistency.

To move the caret to the start or end of the name I can use [home] and [end] which is fine. However, when I wish to mark text, I hold [shift] while using [home] or [end] and instead of selecting the text from the current caret location until either start or end, instead the selection of files in FlashFXP is changed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start FlashFXP
1. Result: FlashFXP is started
2. Select a file or folder in either left or right pane (local browser is fine)
2. Result: The file or folder is selected
3. Press [F2]
3. Result: The name of the selected file or folder can be renamed
4. Press [End]
4. Result: The caret is moved to the end of the name
5. Hold [Shift] and press [Home]
5. Result: "Renaming mode" is exited and all files and folders from the currently selected one until and including the first one are selected
5. Expected result: FlashFXP stays in "renaming mode" and selects all characters from the end until the start of the name

The behavior is similar when selecting text in the opposite direction (start to end), using [shift] + [end]. The expected result in step 5 is what Windows Explorer does.

FlashFXP version: 4.2.5
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Re: File browser keyboard shortcut inconsistency

This issue is fixed in our current release branch.

You can download the latest release from our website at https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download-beta/
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket