Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 628 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Deleting large folders in local browser mode crashes flashfxp Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Major Version: 4.1 stable

spudgun
12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Deleting large folders in local browser mode crashes flashfxp

Using 4.1.6 (build 1673) if you delete a large folder (a couple of GB+) in the local browser mode flash fxp stops responding and has to be closed.

There are no error messages displayed other than the standard 'program is not responding' message generated by windows
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Re: Deleting large folders in local browser mode crashes flashfxp

During delete operations FlashFXP has to wait for windows to complete the operation, during this period the main window may become unresponsive, as FlashFXP must wait for the operation to complete.

However FlashFXP shouldn't crash. I did some tests and I was not able to reproduce a crash?

What version of Windows are you using?
spudgun
12-17-2011, 09:15 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. I am using windows 7 64bit with sp1 installed.

I've just done a test with a folder containing 54 50mb files, selected delete and then did nothing with the pc. After 10 minutes flash fxp displays 'not responding' at the top of the window and if you close the window and navigate to the folder using windows explorer the entire content of the folder is there and nothing has been deleted.

** edit ** have gone back to an old backup of 3.6 (1240) and everything works as it should. You select delete, you get the confirmation window pop up and in less than a second the folder is gone - so it looks as if the error is in the latest build somewhere

** edit 2 ** have gone back to 4.1. (1664) and this bug exists in this buid too - However, I have just noticed that the confirmation window (i.e. the are you sure you want to delete this) isn't popping up even though the option is selected under general/confirmations. However, even if this option is unticked it still crashes if you try to delete a large folder
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-18-2011, 07:28 PM

Testing local delete with FlashFXP v4.1 on a folder that contains 106 GB (32,072 Files, 753 Folders), after about 1-2 seconds the confirmation prompt appears and then another 2min to delete the entire content.

I am using the same version of Windows as you, as well as service packs.

I have to wonder if perhaps maybe you have a 3rd party shell extension/handler that is conflicting with FlashFXP.
spudgun
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM

Thank you again for your reply.

I've just done a completely fresh install to a new location with no custom commands, no settings transferred from a previous version and the problem still exists.

I've also tried deleting files from different drives on my system and that doesn't work either.

When connected to a FTP everything works exactly as it should, but not when you switch to local browser mode.

I've also just noticed that right clicking on a folder and selecting 'properties' produces exactly the same crash

I see from the post above that a new beta is available for fixing another local browser issue - but I'm not seeing it anywhere (still shows 1673 as the latest) - so wondered where I could get it from to see if it fixes my issue too?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM

From within FlashFXP > Options > Preferences > Live Update

Change the release type to "Beta and stable", now click the OK button.

Help > Check for new version.

I am somewhat doubtful that upgrading to the latest beta will help, I tested using the latest 4.1 stable (build 1673)
spudgun
12-19-2011, 10:16 AM

Thank you again for another prompt reply - I've just done a windows update for various hotfixes released recently and now things are exactly as they should be.

Looks like I owe you an apology as the error was all Microsoft's!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket