Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 590 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Automatic upgrade fails and deletes flashfxp.exe Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.1 stable

stalks
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Automatic upgrade fails and deletes flashfxp.exe

Basically I ran the auto upgrade when it prompted. It began the installation, failed to copy some files and then when the setup program quit, it left me with a hosed installation folder.

I restored FlashFXP folder from backup and tried again, and it does the same.

I recorded the attempt at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1pH2yJbR8

Backing up settings, uninstalling and re-installing latest installer from website worked.
Super Duper
MxxCon
10-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Re: Automatic upgrade fails and deletes flashfxp.exe

What's killing your installer? What antivirus do you have installed?
10-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Please verify to make sure there are no instances of FlashFXP running in the background, We've had some reports of FlashFXP not properly exiting and in these situations the FlashFXP.exe is found running in the task manager, try terminating the process before completing the installation.

What specific version of Windows are you using?
stalks
10-22-2011, 01:21 PM

Sorry for the lack of info to begin with, it was late at night when I posted

I am running Windows 7 x64 with no anti-virus. I'll put MSSE on eventually just not got round to it yet.

When the installer began, FlashFXP window dissapeared like it was killed for the upgrade. I didn't check it was still in task manager.

I did attempt a few times on the night I made the video, using Acronis True Image to restore the PC each time it failed. However since then, I have uninstalled, manually removed the folder and re-installed using FlashFXP41_1658_Setup.exe, so I can't now reproduce the error.

Guess it'll just have to be one of those things.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket