Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 272 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: blank password Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 3.6 Final

eis0r
04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
blank password

blank passwords are not useful i know, but i don't think it's by design u can't login to a site requesting a certain user with a blank password.
i can't search the bug tracker so maybe this bug has been posted before...
regards
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Re: blank password

Typically sites that do not require a password will not prompt for one or will accept anything as a password.

Leaving the password blank will result in FlashFXP prompting for a password every time you try to connect.
eis0r
04-14-2009, 04:01 PM

yes i know that behaviour bigstar, but in this case i do have a user configured with a blank password and i enter the username and leave the password blank.
i'm not talking about an anonymous login.
every time i connect ffxp asks me for the password.
and that's the point where i get stuck. if i don't enter something i can't click OK!
Super Duper
MxxCon
04-14-2009, 11:41 PM

bigstar is not talking about anon login either.
if ftp server is configured so that user account doesn't need a password, it will either not ask for one at all or it will accept any password you send. so you can save anything in the password field and it won't prompt you on login.
04-15-2009, 03:27 AM

no the ftp server is not the problem, i tried different ftp-clients, for example filezilla does it without a problem ..
it is flashfxp that asks me for a password before the connect to the server has even started.
it won't start the connect before i have entered anything and if i enter anything i get access denied from the server.
just try it yourself please.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM

If you leave the password blank in FlashFXP it will prompt you, you must enter something.
eis0r
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM

so this is not a bug but a feature ?
well it's not a real problem for me i just thought i report it because i don't think this is by design. keep on forcing users to use passwords
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-15-2009, 06:16 PM

No its not a bug and yes this is by design.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket