Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 624 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Major Version: 4.1 beta

animat0r
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Hi when i connect to a site that has AUTH TLS I get this error
[L] Connecting to # -> DNS= IP=*.*.*.* PORT=##### (attempt # 1)
[L] Connection failed (error: 10013 An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions)

i am using flashfxp version 4.1.6 beta 1573. I have downgraded and when i downgrade, it doesnt even show the error, it will just disconnect from the server. Any ideas?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Re: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

A socket error 10013 is typically caused by your antivirus or firewall software.

Especially when this occurs after upgrading to a newer version.

Basically, the socket connection is being denied.

I suggest you disable your antivirus or firewall software and then give it another try. If it works, then you'll need to configure that program so that it no longer interferes.

If you need help configuring your personal firewall software please consult the firewall program's help file or other documentation. You might also visit the support area of the firewall manufacturer's Web site.

Sometimes you may need to manually remove the rule defined by the software and re-add it. We have seen cases where a rule exists but FlashFXP is still denied access.
animat0r
12-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Re: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Turned off all anti-virus software and windows firewall and still getting this error.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-19-2011, 11:05 PM

Did you upgrade FlashFXP or are you still using the same build?

Also turning off a firewall doesn't always do what you'd expect it to do, especially if you have a rule improperly configured to deny or block access. You need to make sure your firewall rules are properly configured.
animat0r
12-27-2011, 11:17 PM

close this, as soon as i just did the upgrade that came out, it seemed to fix the issue. thanks for your help
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket