Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 534 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Can't use scroll wheel in explorer drop&down Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.1 beta

Whissi
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Can't use scroll wheel in explorer drop&down

Hi,

don't know how you name this, but I cannot scroll with my mouse wheel in this control:

FXP v4.1.0 #1616
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Re: Can't use scroll wheel in explorer drop&down

What operating system are you using?

What brand mouse do you have? Are you using the generic mouse drivers provided by windows or the specific drivers for your brand of mouse?

Were you able to scroll in previous versions? If so which?

I tested build 1616 and it works for me with my MS optical mouse on windows 7 64bit, Using the Microsoft IntelliPoint drivers version 8.15
Whissi
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Hi,

I am on Windows 7 SP1, x64.

It is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000.

After you said it's working for you, I tested it again (because I have in mind, that it was working on another system, with a different mouse), and yes, it's also working with this mouse... but you have to spin the wheel ~4-6 rounds for ~3 lines (it's just this control. The normal browser panel in FXP works as expected).

Microsoft IntelliPoint v8.0.225.0 is currently installed. I am going to upgrade now...

Edit:
Upgraded to v8.15.406.0. Immediately after the upgrade, scrolling was fine. After a reboot, the bad behavior returns. But it seems like it has something to do with the driver...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-02-2011, 01:28 PM

While reviewing the source code for the mouse wheel scroll handler I came across something that might explain this behavior.

Our internal scroll handler only applies scrolling to windows that descend from our base class objects, The combo box dropdown list window is special and doesn't directly descent from our base class and because of this our internal scroll handler ignores the window requiring the mouse driver to handle the scrolling directly.

I will need to re-evaluate this issue and see what possible solutions are available. I'm sure there's a way we can handle scrolling this window without too many issues.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-02-2011, 02:31 PM

I sent you a private message with a link to an updated build that should resolve it, please let me know.
Whissi
08-02-2011, 02:42 PM

It works! Very very nice. Thank you!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Great! I'm glad to hear it

This fix will be in included in the next release for everyone else.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket