Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 513 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Cannot do site to site been trying for 2 days Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Major Version: 4.0

thorrrr
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Cannot do site to site been trying for 2 days

HI Guys

I have been trying for two days to configure FlashFXP to do site to site followed all the tutorials but will not work. No doubt i have a silly setting wrong but cannot work out what i got wrong.

MY mate can do it with Fetch on his mac but not this !!!!

See my settings here

Please help its driving me crazy guys

Thorrrr
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Re: Cannot do site to site been trying for 2 days

Hello,

According to the session status text in the screenshots the servers are configured to deny site to site transfers, you will need to have root access to change the FTP server configuration to allow site to site transfers on these serves. How you do it will depend on the FTP server software.

If you friend is able to do using these identical servers perhaps its not a true site to site transfer? Some ftp clients allow you to simulate a site to site transfer where they download the file first and then upload it. FlashFXP however will not do this.
thorrrr
06-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Thank you for your quick reply. I am even more confused as the servers are with Mediatemple who have a tutorial on how to configure FlashFXP!

Not sure why they would do this if they block it ???
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-23-2011, 04:59 PM

You might want to contact them.

Typically most FTP servers out of the box (default configuration) do not allow site to site transfers.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket