Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 439 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Syncronized browsing Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.0

mm98
01-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Syncronized browsing

Hi.

I have recently upgraded my FlashFXP to v4.0 (from 3.6). I have always used Synchronized Browsing. With the upgrade to 4.0 this feature is kinda buggy when using mouse button to go back.

Every time i browse a sub folder and return back (third mouse button), i get the error "You are about to navigate outside the synchronized root folder". Both sites (local and ftp) have the same structure.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Re: Syncronized browsing

Hello,

What build of version 4.0 are you using?

Do you experience the same error when clicking the parent directory while in the same location or does this only occur when using the 3rd mouse button?
mm98
01-30-2011, 09:06 AM

Hi.

I'm using latest build (1525). It is not on every connect. Most of the time it happens, when i connect to a site, use a folder bookmark. When i have uploaded a file (in this case a DLL, in a subfolder called "bin"), it gives the error, when i hit the third mouse button after upload.
mm98
01-30-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Hello,

What build of version 4.0 are you using?

Do you experience the same error when clicking the parent directory while in the same location or does this only occur when using the 3rd mouse button?
Yes, the same happens when i use the "Parent Directory" icon.

//Running Win7 64bit
mm98
01-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Some more information, that might help you.

-------------------------

Left side "D:\"
Connect to site
Right side "/www2/".

Use folder bookmark:

Left side: "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Webshop.Net\WebSite"
Right side: "/www2/webshop.net/http/"

Go to "/bin" in right side. (both sides a synchronized correctly).

"Parent directory" (icon or in file list) or 3rd mouse button. All will then give the synchronization error.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-31-2011, 01:31 PM

There is an issue with using bookmarks while synchronize browsing is enabled in this build, a beta was released to resolve this issue.

From within FlashFXP > Options > Preferences > Live Update section

Release Type: Select "Beta and stable" and click the OK Button

Then from the main menu, Help > Check for new version, and then download build 1531, this should resolve the issue you're experiencing.
mm98
01-31-2011, 01:39 PM

This fix resulted in another bug. When using folder bookmark, it doesn't use the local path correctly.

Example:

Start FlashFXP.
Left side: D:\
Connect to site:
Right side: /www2/

Use bookmark
left should become: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Webshop.Net\WebSite
right should become: /www2/webshop.net/http/

it now results in left becoming D:\webshop.net\http\ (which is the changed remote path without the root)
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM

The logic behind sync. browsing has changed in v4.0 compared to v3.x, in that when you enable sync browsing the two current paths become the base path for the sync browsing.

Meaning you need to have the local and remote paths set to the desired root paths before sync. browsing is enabled.

Do you have synchronized browsing set to activate on connect?

If you do then you must set the local and remote path in the site manager to define the base path for sync. browsing.

If you're manually activating sync. browsing you need to change both local and remote paths to a common base path before activating it.

Does your folder bookmark specifically define the local and remote paths as you described? If it does this should work provided you are in a common path within both sites.

Local: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Webshop.Net\WebSite
Site: /www2/webshop.net/http/

In your above reply you indicate that the local is in D:\, there's no logical way to synchronize browse from this location to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Webshop.Net\WebSite
mm98
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Hi.

When FlashFXP starts, default local startpath is set to "D:\".

I connect to my site (defined in Site Manager), which has "Activate synchronized browsing on connect" enabled. No localpath has been defined for the site.

When connection i made, local path is still "D:\" and remote path is "/www2/". I then use my bookmark which has local and remote path set. This is where the local path is wrong.

When i use the bookmark, the local path isn't changed to the path defined by the bookmark.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM

In order for sync. browsing to be effective both the local and remote paths must defined in the site manager, or the starting directory on the server must match the global local directory path.

As soon as synchronized browsing is activated the local and remote paths follow the same directory structure. Since you're changing from D:\ to a path on your C:\ drive you're leaving the scope of the synchronization.

In the screencast you sent me you're effectively telling FlashFXP that "D:\" is the starting local path and "/www2/webshop.net/http/" is the starting remote path, the problem is that local path of "D:\" doesn't have a logical synchronization relationship to "/www2/webshop.net/http/"

The folder bookmark you defined should effectively be the default local and remote path for the site in the site manager.

The alternative would be if "Activate synchronized browsing on connect" was unchecked and then there were a way to enable synchronized browsing via a folder bookmark, thus clicking on your folder bookmark named "webshop.net" would change to the desired locations and then activate the synchronized browsing. This isn't possible at the moment but based on this scenario I think it would make sense to have a way to activate synchronized browsing via a folder bookmark. I will consider adding this for future releases.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-05-2011, 11:10 AM

I have added a new option to enable synchronize browsing via the Folder bookmark dialog, this is available via 4.0 build 1533 beta and can be downloaded via the check for update.
mm98
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Hi.

Seams like the new beta isn't made public yet?

//CP
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-06-2011, 08:16 AM

This beta update is available to all registered users.
mm98
02-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Hi.

I've been a registered user since 2002. So this should not be the problem.

//CP
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM

Please insure you're checking for beta releases when you run the update check
Options > Preferences > Live Update

From the Release Type dropdown box select Beta and Stable releases

In addition you must be running FlashFXP 4.0 to download 4.0 updates.
mm98
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM

Hi.

Now i finally managed to get the update. This seams to have solved the problem with bookmarks vs. synchronization. Thanks =)
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket