Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 138 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Crash on transfer from network location Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Medium Version: 3.6 Final

Desdinova
03-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Crash on transfer from network location

When trying to transfer files from an internal network location (ie \\server\webfiles\images\image.png) the program crashes.

Restarting FlashFXP will show the queue that hasn't been finished, and it can be loaded. When selecting transfer queue it sometimes will transfer some files, and sometimes it'll crash again.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Re: Crash on transfer from network location

When FlashFXP crashes is there a bug report?

Can you turn on disk based logging in the Preferences and see what the last line in the log file is prior to FlashFXP crashing.

I perform file transfers from network locations on a daily basis as part of my routine backup using FlashFXP, I've never seen it crash under this situation.

Perhaps you have a 3rd party application conflicting with FlashFXP or something else is going on that is specifically related to your situation, Without more information it's really hard to say.
Desdinova
03-14-2008, 03:34 AM

post removed
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-14-2008, 11:15 AM

Is there anything in the windows event viewer that might provide more information regarding the crash.
Desdinova
03-14-2008, 12:03 PM

hmm, I don't know. where can I find that?
DayCuts
03-14-2008, 03:10 PM

Depending on the Operating System in use, the specific location maybe be slightly different. However the 'Event Viewer' is generally located with the Control Panel within the Administrative Tools folder.

Probably the easiest way to access it is to use the old Run method. Start>Run and enter "eventvwr.msc /s" without the quotes and hit Ok.
Desdinova
03-17-2008, 04:09 AM

OK that works. Could you tell me what to look for?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM

Run FlashFXP and when it crashes check the event viewer and see if there are any entries added around the same time as the crash and post them.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-17-2008, 02:39 PM

If you map the network share to a network drive and give it a drive letter does that help you any? So if you had \svr3\c\website and you mapped it to your x:\ drive, mapping network shares isn't a requirement for flashfxp but it might help resolve the crashing in your situation.

I've done many different types of tests over the last few days and I was unable to reproduce any crash.
Desdinova
03-18-2008, 08:23 AM

Reinstalled the server computer that held my images. It seems I can drag and drop from it now. I don't know if there was anything wrong with it, but whatever it did, FlashFXP didn't seem to be able to handle it. Maybe a crashing networkconnection during transfer?

I guess the thread can be closed, maybe you could check the error handling.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket