Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 135 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Sitemanager - sites.dat mixing up on update Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Medium Version: 3.6 Final

Desdinova
03-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Sitemanager - sites.dat mixing up on update

These experiences are on windows vista;

updating from 3.4 to 3.6 replaced my sites.dat with a 4 month old file. The backup folder in /ProgramData/FlashFXP doesn't seem to contain any data. The sites.dat listed in /ProgramData/FlashFXP/ is the same file as used in the program.

Maybe I made a mistake in the update progress, but I can't imagine anyone choosing for restoration of a 4 months old file, so I'd say it's a bug, not a feature.

Luckily using the search I have found a copy of my latest sites.dat in the virtualstore folder. Did take me 30 minutes to update. Please look after it.

FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Re: Sitemanager - sites.dat mixing up on update

All versions prior to v3.6 run on Vista in compatibility mode and because of this the data files are stored in the virtualstore folder, this folder is only used when an application is running in compatibility mode with vista.

Now v3.6 is 100% Vista ready and doesn't run in compatibility mode, the problem however is that when upgrading to v3.6 there is no way for us to migrate your old data to the new data location.

With Vista you need to be very careful of how you choice your upgrade installation, if you use the old data location 99% of the time you'll run into problems because your user account will not have write access to this folder.

During installation you need to make sure you choose a custom install and select a data location within the application data folder branch.

You also need to manually move over your data files because there's no way for the installer or FlashFXP to do this for you.

We have an interactive demo located here
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket