Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 731 Category: User Interface
Title: Randomize Toolbar Color Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

CheeseWiZ
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Randomize Toolbar Color

Maybe you're thinking this feature is frivolous at first glance -- hopefully I can support it with reasoning. I often have multiple instances of FlashFXP open, and it gets a little difficult to see what job each instance is handling. I end up surfing between several windows trying to find the one I want to be in.

The options in Interface > Toolbar currently allow for personalizing the background color by choice. I would love to see a simple option that would change the color upon loading a new instance; and randomize is perfectly fine. I think this would easily solve my issue and allow me to differentiate between the windows I want to be in.

Just for added clarification, I can see the windows using the toolbar of Windows 7. So, this way if I can see the colors of the background toolbars, I can pick the window easier.

Thanks for considering.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Re: Randomize Toolbar Color

When I first implemented the toolbar backgrounds I had it configured to randomly select a background on startup. I had contemplated making it a user configurable feature but decided that it would be more of a silly gimmick and have no real-word use.

You have given me an excellent reason for such a feature like this to exist.

Best of all, the code already exists (just commented out), I just need to add a user configurable toggle to bring it to life.

I'm in the middle of addressing some rather challenging issues in FlashFXP, as soon as I get them worked out I will add this to FlashFXP.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-30-2012, 03:13 PM

Below is a development build with this new feature for testing, please let me know how it works.

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/testr/ffxp-dev.zip
CheeseWiZ
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Bigstar,

Thanks for adding this! It's been a useful separator for me. It would be even better if there was an option to have it randomize color on start-up of application, but I'm happy regardless!

Sorry for responding to this so late. I didn't think there was anything else to add, but I'm here to request another feature -- so I saw this.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-06-2013, 06:15 AM

After the option is checked the toolbar background is randomly selected on start up.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket