Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

NeoXed's scripts nxAutoNuke, nxTools, etc.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Default Hello again ;-)

So I've been inactive for a while, no reason really, I just took a break from this FTP stuff . I had my fun doing other things, so now the pressing question appears to be "when's the next update?". Hopefully soon, but I need some help from those of you using my scripts.

In an orderly and organized fashion, please reply to this thread with known bugs that are reproducible. I'm aware of a few of them, if there are others please post them and I will add to the following list.

Keep in mind, I'm still using v5.8.5. So if there are any compatibility issues with the v6.x series, please let me know.

nxAutoNuke
  • (Fixed) Compatibility issue with the [Sections] part of the INI in ioFTPD v6.x

nxSDK
  • ?

nxTools
  • (Fixed) SITE RESETSTATS the alldn statistic type would not reset
  • (Fixed) SITE STATS does not report file/dir stats
  • (Fixed) SITE WIPE does not report file/dir stats
  • (Fixed) Compatibility issue with the [Sections] part of the INI in ioFTPD v6.x
  • (Fixed) Compatibility issue with the .VFS file format in ioFTPD v6.x (appears to be related to the introduction of comments in it)
  • (Fixed) New version of SQLite library

Last edited by neoxed; 08-20-2007 at 10:40 PM.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Heya neoxed... I don't believe any TCL based script worked with any 5.8.6+ release. Shared memory scripts also had issues although it's possible recompiles might have worked.

Pretty much your choice today is the magic 5.8.5 or use the latest v6.2 release. The 6.x releases resume shared memory compatibility with the v5 releases that post 5.8.6+ broke and TCL works again. The list of changes is pretty lengthy but the most significant to your work might be the addition of an optional field to the section part of ioftpd.ini. If you don't use it things would be compatible, but I think the default uses it as an example but doesn't really need to. I'm going from memory, but I think I saw an nx script comment about the new section definition breaking something.

If you use relative symlinks then the latest release is bound to be an issue for the script since everything prior was wrong and fixing it changed their behavior.

Of course, if you find you really need something added, just let me know
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 AM   #3
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Welcome back neoxed.

This is the section error Yil was talking about...

Code:
08-15-2007 08:17:21 - GetSectionList : invalid ioFTPD.ini [Sections] line: "PRIVATE				= 0 0 0 /private/*"
Other then that I havent really experienced any other problems with nxtools. Ive seen posts about issues with site wipe... but since I dont use the site wipe feature that comes with nxtools I dont really know whats up with that.
Reason to that is that I dont have the option to add "-r" site wipe -r test.test. So I use ioAs site wipe, it doesnt do much in ioA but its still addable, if you add -r in nxtools it assumes thats the directoriy and tryes wiping a dir named -r. A few people I know wanted this option so they could use there glftpd scripts or whatever to wipe stuff... but thats no problem for you to worrie about at the moment...

ioFTPD 6.2.1.0 nxtools v1.0.5a

Last edited by hukker; 08-15-2007 at 02:27 AM.
hukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukker View Post
Reason to that is that I dont have the option to add "-r" site wipe -r test.test. So I use ioAs site wipe, it doesnt do much in ioA but its still addable, if you add -r in nxtools it assumes thats the directoriy and tryes wiping a dir named -r. A few people I know wanted this option so they could use there glftpd scripts or whatever to wipe stuff... but thats no problem for you to worrie about at the moment...
I suppose I could add a configuration option for the -r switch behavior, to enable/disable it's use to recursively wipe a directory.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Heya neoxed... I don't believe any TCL based script worked with any 5.8.6+ release. Shared memory scripts also had issues although it's possible recompiles might have worked.

Pretty much your choice today is the magic 5.8.5 or use the latest v6.2 release. The 6.x releases resume shared memory compatibility with the v5 releases that post 5.8.6+ broke and TCL works again. The list of changes is pretty lengthy but the most significant to your work might be the addition of an optional field to the section part of ioftpd.ini. If you don't use it things would be compatible, but I think the default uses it as an example but doesn't really need to. I'm going from memory, but I think I saw an nx script comment about the new section definition breaking something.
Thanks, I forgot about that new section field that was added. I will add that to my to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
If you use relative symlinks then the latest release is bound to be an issue for the script since everything prior was wrong and fixing it changed their behavior.
I'll have to double check if I'm using relative symlinks for anything, I don't remember off the top of my head. What exactly did you change from a scripters perspective? Is there a new command or a new way of creating the symlink?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 PM   #6
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Symlinks

First off there is a new site command to easily create symlinks, but there is no TCL binding so just use existing methods. Deleting them is vastly simpler now since FTP clients can delete them like ordinary files. Good stuff, but doesn't affect you either

The really big change is relative symlinks. ioFTPD v6.2+ symlinks now behave exactly as their unix counterparts do in terms of resolving paths. Thus you can now use links of the form a -> b, a -> ../b, a -> ../../foo/b, etc. Previously it was necessary to prepend an extra "../" on the front so a -> b had to look like a -> ../b. This was clearly wrong when viewing a directory listing and not consistent with other ftp servers.

Most scripts seemed to use absolute paths so this change didn't affect them, but I prefer relative links in a lot of cases. Especially for things like no-sfv, bad-diz, and incomplete tags referring to files in the same directory.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:18 AM   #7
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

noticed something executing "site resetstats alldn"

Code:
(10:16:28) [2] site resetstats alldn
(10:16:28) [2] 200-.-[ResetStats]-----------------------------------------------------------.
(10:16:28) [2] 200-| No valid stat types specified.                                         |
(10:16:28) [2] 200-| Types: alldn allup daydn dayup monthdn monthup wkdn wkup
|
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
noticed something executing "site resetstats alldn"
Good catch, fixed.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Code:
nxAutoNuke v2.5.0 (not released):
  NEW: Compatibility with ioFTPD v6.x.

nxAutoNuke-ioA v2.5.0 (not released):
  NEW: Compatibility with ioFTPD v6.x.

nxTools v1.0.6 (not released):
  NEW: Option to define the allowed sample extensions (e.g. JPG, MPG, VOB).
  NEW: Option to require the "-r" switch to recursively wipe a directory.
  CHG: Updated SQLite to v3.4.2.
  FIX: [Sections] compatibility with the new optional "share section" in ioFTPD v6.x.
  FIX: "SITE PRE" compatibility with VFS files in ioFTPD v6.x.
  FIX: "SITE RESETSTATS" the alldn statistic type would not reset.
  FIX: "SITE SIZE" and "SITE WIPE" reported zero files and directories.
So far these are the changes I have planned, anything else to add?

I still need to verify these scripts work on ioFTPD v6.x, but the next release should be ready this weekend.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
noelek
FlashFXP Beta Tester

hi, how it looks like with new version? i`m so impatient
noelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
razoor
ioFTPD Foundation User

A nuke command from irc in alcobot would be nice to have.
Havent used in a while, but i think it aint in it!?!
razoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #12
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

That sounds like a nice sudgesten razoor.

What I would like to see in alcobot is an invite module that works without the need of any db... pretty pls
An idee is to save the info in a plain txt or whatever and encrypt the invite passwords with the same method as the ioftpd user files passwords... if not a txt why not use the same method you store info in nxtools and the databases...

keep up the good work

Last edited by hukker; 08-19-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
What I would like to see in alcobot is an invite module that works without the need of any db... pretty pls
An idee is to save the info in a plain txt or whatever and encrypt the invite passwords with the same method as the ioftpd user files passwords... if not a txt why not use the same method you store info in nxtools and the databases...
The invite module already supports the same method used by nxTools - a SQLite database. AlcoBot's invite module supports three database back-ends:

SQLite3 - Local file database (for groups with one site).
MySQL - Remote server database (for groups with multiple sites, so each site can share the invite data).
PostgreSQL- Remote server database (for groups with multiple sites, so each site can share the invite data).
Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #14
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

ahh ok neo, I have to test that for sure. I thought sqlite was something you needed to install, thats the impression I got off the web when I was researching it...

anyways, greate news for moi
Old 08-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #15
rolan

where can get the last version? Download section had updated? thx
rolan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compatibility, fixed, ftp, site, v6.x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: