Old 03-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default alcobot issue

after a period of not using ioftpd, i decided to give it another go, i downloaded alcobot - read through all the options, have the bot on irc, but it doesnt want to work.

in that i mean not all the triggers will work, it will announce when dirs are made, deld, halfway, complete.

triggers that will work

!site
!help
!free

triggers that wont

!ngebw
!ngebwdn
!ngebwup
!ngeidlers
!ngeleechers
!ngespeed <user>
!ngeuploaders
!ngewho

all that happens when i try to use these triggers is that the bot pings out, i have re-installed all scripts one by one and still it does this, i have noticed in the readme that it says to keep all dirs like in the readme - but the lib folder in 1.2.0 doesnt seem to be there (is this right?), it even does this on the 0.7.0 - so im guessing a conf error is to blame.

if anyone requires info to be posted tell me what you need - i havent posted anything because i dont know what to post!

i have the bot set as 1m - which should let it do what ever the hell it likes, yet still no joy

ps using alcobot 1.2.0 nxtools 1.0.5a iosfv 1.51

Last edited by ArtX; 03-06-2007 at 02:55 PM.
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

And which version of ioFTPD are you using?
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

5.8.8r - which i have a strange feeling you are going to say may be the problem - its just that iosfv requires 5.8.6 and above
Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #4
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Unfortunately that is the problem. The 5.8.8 release completely broke external shared memory support - which is used for those commands.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:04 AM   #5
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

bugga!! lucky i kept all the other releases then back to 5.8.6 then and hopefully no more problems - is 5.8.7 ok to use or is that naffed in someway also ?

edit: seems to be working all be it a little bit slow takes a few secs before it responds - i can live with that - only other thing is the libs folder is not in the 1.2.0 rls and the readme says to copy them to bot dir, coudl this also be an issue ? or is it supposed to be like that ?

i have copied the libs from the 0.7.0 rls and all seems to be ok so far

Last edited by ArtX; 03-13-2007 at 05:12 AM.

Tags
1.2.0, alcobot, bot, triggers, work

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: