Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

NeoXed's scripts nxAutoNuke, nxTools, etc.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:34 AM   #1
void4ever

Default Help with invite

I hate looking like an idiot, but i could use some help getting the invite script to work correctly with alcobot. It's step 2 thats throwing me for a loop here.

2. Create an ODBC DSN connection to your database. Use the table schema
provided in invite.sql, which is located in the module's directory.

I don't know the first thing about SQL. I have mysql installed along with the ODBC driver, and i've looked over at least 10 sites found from a google search. But there are at least 3 different ways to do this from what i see. User, system, and file.

I'm not looking for a hand out, but if someone could point me at a certain article i can read. or even some quick steps (if there is such a thing) i'd appreciate it.

Void4ever
void4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

youd have to import the invite.sql to your mysql, that step is fairly easy, you open up your administrator tool of mysql, and there should be an option of importing *.sql files.
This would create the database you need for invite.

About the ODBC connection between alcobot and mysql, do as followed...
start menu / run / odbcad32 "push enter"
choose the system DSN window, then Add... and select the ODBC driver "MYSQL ODBC DRIVER 5.1"
after that you input the info for your mysql Database, IP address, username / password.
Remeber to set the same Datasource Name as you have in your config settings of alcobot.

btw this invite script is only for the /msg _BOT_ !invite username pass feature when connected to IRC. You could use the internal one, the one for ioftpd only "site invite nick" this way a connection to any DB is not needed. Theres info about how you install the siteInvite.tcl in the readme.txt

"slap me if I have said anything wrong"
hukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
void4ever

i'm at work now, but i'll remote to my box and give this a try in a bit. One more question, Am i to assume any box that i want to use this invite function on needs to have mysql installed. Or once i create the database i'm good to go even if the box doesn't have mysql installed.

Void4ever
Old 11-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
PaRaNoiD_JaCK
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

You have to the install the mySQL ODBC driver before you can select "MYSQL ODBC DRIVER 5.1"

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/odbc/
PaRaNoiD_JaCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
void4ever

already have the connector installed, but it's actually 3.51 not 5.1. But anyways

I ran through your steps hukker, i had to go download an admin tool though

i created the database then imported the invite.sql, then went to the odcb connector page and followed those steps. using the test button it said it connected just fine. So i think i'm set there (i still need to test the bot though)

But as from my last question it looks like any computer i have this script setup on will have to have mysql installed is that correct? Say i have 3 different sites, each with there own user files, i'm going to have to get mysql installed on each box in order for the invite script to work is that correct?

Void4ever
Old 11-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by void4ever
But as from my last question it looks like any computer i have this script setup on will have to have mysql installed is that correct? Say i have 3 different sites, each with there own user files, i'm going to have to get mysql installed on each box in order for the invite script to work is that correct?
No, the idea is that all sites would share a single invite database.

If you have multiple ioFTPD sites, with the same users and groups, why would you keep them independent? It would make a lot more sense to use a shared database, that way users and groups are consistent across all sites.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #7
void4ever

well in the past i had always had multiple sites and each site had it's own users and groups. Everything was seaprate.

What script would you recommend to setup a shared user database between all my sites?

Void4ever
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #8
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by void4ever
What script would you recommend to setup a shared user database between all my sites?
There is only one public module to do this - ioShareDb. However, the author no longer supports the module and has not reposted it. I uploaded the original ioShareDb package to my website (for those of you who need it).

http://www.alcoholicz.com/scripts/ot...redb-0.9.0.zip
Old 11-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #9
void4ever

Neo i appreciate the link to the share database. Thank you

I'm currently tracking down this issue, but i figured i'd post it just in case someone answers it before i track it down.

[19:39] [☻AlcoBot☻] Error :: ModInvite - The database "Alcoholicz" is missing th
e "invite_hosts" or "invite_users" table.

Any ideas??? that seems to me like the invite.sql was incomplete, but that can't be the issue or more people would be writing about it.

Void4ever
Old 11-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #10
void4ever

LMAO fixed it myself. When i created the odbc connection i forgot to select the invite database lol. So it was connecting to the SQL server just fine, but no database was chosen HA i'm a moron.

I'm sure i'll have a few more questions before this is over. I really do appreciate your guys input!!!

Void4ever
Old 11-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #11
ko0ky
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukker
btw this invite script is only for the /msg _BOT_ !invite username pass feature when connected to IRC. You could use the internal one, the one for ioftpd only "site invite nick" this way a connection to any DB is not needed. Theres info about how you install the siteInvite.tcl in the readme.txt
Are you sure about this? I am trying to configure only site invite cmd via ftp site, the script errors while trying to connect to db and isn't inviting me.

0:24:04 PM > site invite ko0ky
10:24:04 PM 200-.-[Invite]-----------------------------------------------------.
10:24:04 PM 200-| Unable to connect to database "Alcoholicz". |
10:24:04 PM 200-'--------------------------------------------------------------'
10:24:04 PM 200 Command successful.

any suggestions?
ko0ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:36 PM   #12
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxed
There is only one public module to do this - ioShareDb. However, the author no longer supports the module and has not reposted it. I uploaded the original ioShareDb package to my website (for those of you who need it).

http://www.alcoholicz.com/scripts/ot...redb-0.9.0.zip
i don't suppose by any stretch you have the source code to this module? the binary module isn't working with 5.8.6r, and it isn't going to without access to the source code. i'm afraid this module might well wind up depricated.
_panic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:14 AM   #13
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko0ky
Are you sure about this? I am trying to configure only site invite cmd via ftp site, the script errors while trying to connect to db and isn't inviting me.
This isn't a whole lot of information to go on, but make sure you followed the setup instructions. You have to set the ODBC system data source name in AlcoBot.conf and in siteInvite.tcl (as mentioned in setup instructions in readme.txt and in siteInvite.tcl).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _panic_
i don't suppose by any stretch you have the source code to this module? the binary module isn't working with 5.8.6r, and it isn't going to without access to the source code. i'm afraid this module might well wind up depricated.
Nope, sorry. The author of ioShareDb disappeared as quickly and abruptly as he arrived.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:23 AM   #14
ko0ky
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxed
This isn't a whole lot of information to go on, but make sure you followed the setup instructions. You have to set the ODBC system data source name in AlcoBot.conf and in siteInvite.tcl (as mentioned in setup instructions in readme.txt and in siteInvite.tcl).
Sorry for not leaving more detailed information. I was attempting to configure invite only from the site not needed from IRC and thought it was mentioned this could be done. I was hoping to get this done without a setting up a DB, is that even possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukker
ko0ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #15
void4ever

Panic are u sure ioshare isn't working because of ioFTPD? I was reading in one of the support threads that you have to use an older version of mysql and the ODBC connector in order for it to work. I didn't see anything about the version of ioFTPD.

Does anyone know of any other sharedb modules?

Tags
invite, odbc, search, thing, ways

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: