Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

NeoXed's scripts nxAutoNuke, nxTools, etc.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:44 PM   #16
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko0ky
I was hoping to get this done without a setting up a DB, is that even possible?
No, a database is required for the invite module (this does not nessacarily mean a database server).

There are a variety of data sources that can be used with ODBC. If you prefer not to use a server based solution (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL), you could use the SQLite ODBC driver and keep the database in a single local file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukker
btw this invite script is only for the /msg _BOT_ !invite username pass feature when connected to IRC. You could use the internal one, the one for ioftpd only "site invite nick" this way a connection to any DB is not needed. Theres info about how you install the siteInvite.tcl in the readme.txt
I don't understand, is this a question? You can invite yourself by the !invite IRC command and/or by the SITE INVITE command. If you only want one invite method, disable the one you don't need.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #17
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

As I understood it, a DB of somekind was required for the /MSG !invite cmd but not for the "site invite nick" cmd, thats what I thought neoxed.

kooky sorry for missleading.
hukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:19 AM   #18
snatsert
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxed
No, a database is required for the invite module (this does not nessacarily mean a database server).

There are a variety of data sources that can be used with ODBC. If you prefer not to use a server based solution (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL), you could use the SQLite ODBC driver and keep the database in a single local file..

Can you explain how that sqlite works than ?? I am trying to use that but how can I import the invite.sql ?
snatsert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #19
eger
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

I read this thread many times and I am still unclear if it is possible to use only site invite WITHOUT a dsn. Is this possible or not?
eger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #20
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger
I read this thread many times and I am still unclear if it is possible to use only site invite WITHOUT a dsn. Is this possible or not?
You obviously didn't read anything. http://www.inicom.net/forum/showpost...3&postcount=15
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:01 PM   #21
eger
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Sorry, don't know why I didn't understand what I was reading.

I modified the code to make a seperate module that allows for non-db setups with site invite only.

EDIT: I now realize that the use of the invite DB is NOT just for invites. It allows for other modules to depend on it and it's DB for other functions (like nxtools request system). So now I will probably go back and actually create the DB and use it as designed instead of hacking it up to now use it.

I also found this tool which should aid in the building of the sqlite db for the sqlite odbc driver should anyone be using it: http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Neoxed, any plans to have an option to use an sqlite db in the config and have easy to create sqlite db like nxtools? The nxtools setup of the db is much nicer than the one for Alcobot currently. Just a thought.
eger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I must say that sounds like a greate idee, keeping the DB localy...
downside I guess is youd have to add each host/user to each site db

you could use the !site cmd for that then hehe, executeing it on all sites at once
hukker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
invite, odbc, search, thing, ways

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: