Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Harm's scripts ioBanana, Readd script, ioVote

Old 10-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
ZAiNT
Disabled

Question 226-Zip: File is Bad!

i get a lot of those.. doesnt matter from which source you send from.. this is most probably a zipscript bug in iob.. which i believe has already been confirmed?

setup: iob20+io585r
ZAiNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Maybe the zip file actually is corrupt? Since you're the first and only one I've seen to mention this, I'm assuming you're at fault. The file may become corrupt during transfer or it's it could be the source from which you're downloading from.

Try downloading the file manually and testing it with WinRAR or another similar program.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
ZAiNT
Disabled

is it the source? impossible.
im talking about 100+ rlss or so. all totally different, ebooks/fonts/utils etc. transferred from at least 10 diff. sources over a 2 month period.

"Since you're the first and only one I've seen to mention this.."

ive seen this been mentioned once or twice in #iobanana

"Try downloading the file manually and testing it with WinRAR or another similar program."

checked several releases with winrar and they all unrar just fine (on the same machine that io+iob is installed).
Old 10-19-2004, 08:55 AM   #4
noob

i got the same problem, so youre not alone
noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Check the zipfile with PNUNZIP -t filename.zip
then test it with UNZIP -t filename.zip

It might be that one of these still shows an error.
Not every zip implementation is correct.

So first you need to know for 100% sure that the files you received are complete upto the last byte.
If not try and download the thing again (not using fxp) and do a filecompare (e.g. using total commander).
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #6
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

This problem was indeed reported some time ago and I've tested several zip files that were marked as bad using unzip.exe from info-zip.

Those archives have a truncated zip comment. The zip file is then considered as bad (read: corrupted) but can (may ?) still be extracted.
Open those archives and search for *.nfo files with funny timestamps and you'll know what other script has corrupted the zips while adding new files. As FTPServerTools said, "not every zip implementation is correct".

PS: I've marked this thread as fixed because this "problem" no longer exists in my current version.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #7
ZAiNT
Disabled

great to have this confirmed and that there is a fixed version of iob. i will keep my eyes open for the next release that i hope will soon be available.

pz
Old 10-23-2004, 06:18 AM   #8
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Harm the file can still be extracted. I have seen the problem before with my FTPLogger. Thus I adapted it to handle those bad commented files (and to handle some other common zip errors). It only takes a couple of lines of code to resolve it, but you need to change ziplib a bit (if you use it).
Old 10-23-2004, 06:38 AM   #9
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

My current version ignores zip comments to avoid this.
What other common zip errors are you referring to ?
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:57 AM   #10
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

double pk headers in the beginning, mixed version numbers in a single zip, extra added files after end of central directory (for the other I would have to look in my code). Assuming you are using ziplib there is also an extra decompression routine you would need t add since zlib only deflate and not explode or unshrink to name a few. And also not deflate64....
Old 10-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #11
ZAiNT
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by FTPServerTools
Harm the file can still be extracted. I have seen the problem before with my FTPLogger. Thus I adapted it to handle those bad commented files (and to handle some other common zip errors). It only takes a couple of lines of code to resolve it, but you need to change ziplib a bit (if you use it).
Help us Obi-Harm, you're our only hope!

Tags
bug, iob, iob20+io585r, setup, zipscript

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: