Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Harm's scripts ioBanana, Readd script, ioVote

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
V1P3R

Default Symlinks updater error

I dont want to use ioBanana, but i wanted to sort my MP3s, so i tried SymlinksUpdater. The problem is, it creates links as siteop (cause only siteop has exec privileges), and while siteop users can dl symlinks correctly, normal users clients wont follow the symlinks. How can this be fixed?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

First, by updating your board profile to show us that you truly are a registered ioFTPD user. Surprisingly enough, people using foundation scripts without being registered users don't receive any support.

Then, by explaining your problem. You haven't written the command you've used to update your symlinks nor which updated was used.
You haven't explained what you meant with "it creates link as siteop" either. Does it mean you're the owner of the symlink ? Or that they're only available to people using the same vfs file ? Or something else ... ?
Oh, and what do you mean with "download the symlink" ? Is it "follow" or "queue" or ... ? It could also be client related. Some ftp clients don't follow queued symlinks while others can (if they're configured to do so).
Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Please pm me via the board Message system when your profile has been updated so I can re-open this thread, or if you have questions.
Closed Thread

Tags
exec, privileges, siteop, symlinks, users

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: