Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Eggdrop All eggdrop related questions

Old 11-05-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
eRRa

Default Eggdrop Crash after X hours

Hi, I'm running a windrop(v.1.6.13) with DZSbot(v.1.[1].15) sitebot.
Added scripts to ioFTPD(5.8.4u) are ioA(v1.2.0), ioZS(v2.[1].05). and ioHELP(v1.10)

Tings are starting to work now.. 1 or 2 bugs left 2 fix .. Until that time I will not register ioFTPD.. Need it working first.

One of the tings that bug me is the sitebot .. I have a botnet of 7 bots, all running like they sould. But my sitebot keeps crashing after X hours.. Some days after 2-3 hours and other days allmost 36 hours. When the bot crashes i my computer goes down to. Everything stopps and the only thing that works is mIRC. All other progs. goes down.. Cant even open folder etc.. Everything! I then need a system reboot to get it started again.
In parytline i get a timerspun x times x min .. But that after my box has crashed..
Then DZSbot rehashes the sitebot and timerspun again .. and again...
Bot is running in -nt mode and is located on diffrent disc then ioFTPD install and FTP drives are separet form them 2 again..
I do NOT use a hide utility either .. so that's not the problem. And I have another bot running on the same box with diffrent port settings and that bot works fine.. I've allso tryed running one bot at a time, but as long as sitebot is running same problem.
I do not have a firewall so that not the case..
There is just one more bug that's not working and thats nuke .. But don't think that has anyting to do with it.. There are on scripts that have any timer in ioFTPD.ini exept:
Reset = 0 0 * * &Reset
Service_Update = 10,30,50 * * * &Service_Update
searchlog = 0 0 * * EXEC ..\scripts\ioA\ioA.exe SEARCHLOGCREATE
reqwipe = 0 0 * 6 EXEC ..\scripts\ioA\ioA.exe REQWIPE

The searchlog and regwipe works fine. Also Update so... But Reset i dont know.. I've dissabled html\ftp:\\ service and telnet..

So there is nothing more i can think of .. All anounce works fine. help and rules are ok also !getrules\help ...

So if someone out there know anyting plz .. help. I've been looking and reading and testing and talking for 2 mnd now without any luck..
BTW. Just came 2 think of it.. It all started after i installed ioA..
But that's about 50% of the ioFTPD.ini so I havn't uninstalled it.

So if you know anyting plz. help.. And NO it's not the bot version.. btw .. I'm on Win2k OS
eRRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
eRRa

More info .. I've tryed 2 run the bot without DZSbot and that worked out fine .. got a nice 2d 14h uptime .. new record for that bot .. by one day..If you know what i mean .. So the tcl that is provided by Bounty is the problem .. No offense, script rules.
Prolly some settings somewhere .. But, where... Everything works..??
Old 11-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
bounty
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally posted by eRRa
More info .. I've tryed 2 run the bot without DZSbot and that worked out fine .. got a nice 2d 14h uptime .. new record for that bot .. by one day..If you know what i mean .. So the tcl that is provided by Bounty is the problem .. No offense, script rules.
Prolly some settings somewhere .. But, where... Everything works..??
[UPTIME] + windows is running for 23d 13h 1m 22s
[UPTIME] + ioftpd is running for 23d 13h 0m 47s
[UPTIME] + windrop is running for 23d 3h 52m 28s
it's my today uptime on a w2k SP4 ... script rules

dunno why it crach for you ... sorry
bounty
bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #4
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Default Re: Eggdrop Crash after X hours

Quote:
Originally posted by eRRa
In parytline i get a timerspun x times x min ..
I don't use dZSbot, but I've seen many people run into the same problem you have. After spending some time working with someone on IRC, I found the cause was dZSbot's auto-rehash feature/(bug?). After commenting the rehash command (in the readlogcheck procedure), it worked fine - whether you'll have the same results, I'm not sure.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
eRRa

Thx you 2 for the reply, but sorry to say that this hasnt help at all

Been testing for som time now .. that's why no return post.. Still havnt located the souce of the problem.. So ??

I'm kinda running out of options..

Thx anyway .. I'll update her if i locat or achive something.

Yours.. eRRa
Old 12-04-2004, 07:32 AM   #6
eRRa

Well, stil trying to figure this out .. I see I get alot of views on this post so ppl are reading this

Came across a setting in ioFTPD.ini under [Scheduler]:
Reset = 0 0 * * &Reset

What does this comand actully do? And can this be of any consern to the problem in hand?
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

This command is located in ioFTPD.ini and is supposed to reset stats every day (dayup and daydn), week (wkup and wkdn) and month (monthup and monthdn).
Your problem is that your bot crashes so the problem is most probably bot related and not ioFTPD related.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #8
eRRa

Thx Harm .. That is what i was hoping.. And yes it's a bot problem i'm having .. aka something in DZSbot script.

Did try as said before, bot and server without loading DSZbot and that went just fine, but came across a new question last night.
When i unloaded DSZbot this meens that the ftp-lib.tcl isnt being used either. Get my drift? .. Can the one i'm useing, be a version that does not suport DZSbot? I must say that I have no clue on where i got ftp-lib.tcl, but is there just one vers. (1999) or is there been a newer versen that DSZbot work better with?

ftp-lib.tcl: created: 12/96 changed:04/99 version: 1.2
Old 12-26-2004, 07:51 AM   #9
eRRa

Well, I would like to thank Harm, NeoXed and b0unty for the help.
I didn't find the soultion, but I backuped my windrop and ioFTPD before i formated c:
Now everything works like a sjarm.
So to all you others reading this post, sorry .. But do format form time to time.. It realy helps your computer

Thx again for all help and a nice FPT service + addons

Tags
bot, ftp, hours, running, sitebot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: