Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Eggdrop All eggdrop related questions

Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default windrop1.6.18+SSL

have had to susspend this for the time being do to things not going to well, seems like tcl is not linking right and no matter what i do not all the scripts are working as they should, have tried many versions of tcl and they all giving some error

Last edited by ArtX; 07-21-2007 at 06:25 PM.
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpo View Post
ok due to a few ppl asking (1 here few elsewhere) i have compiled an updated 1.6.18 bot with ssl, so far on my test pc i am only having one issue and that is with dns lookup faluire - this could be because i am behind a router i dont know but the fix from windrop site

Q: Windrop reports "DNS lookup failed" when trying to connect to IRC servers

A2: If that fails and you are using Windrop 1.5.x or 1.6.x then try disabling the dns module by editing your config file and adding # in front of the following line:
loadmodule dns

worked for me, if any of you would like to test this bot (feel free to check it for viruses) let me know and i will host it somewhere

ps: if your bot just sits there like a dumb s**t without ever coming onto irc - open runonce.bat and where it says eggdrop -m and nt to it so it reads eggdrop -mnt, this will keep the cmd window open so you can see what is going on

pps i was going to patch it with non english character support and ipv6, does anyone require these patches adding ?
Nice job, windrop is brought back to live
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

think i will wait till a few more resposned before i host it as i say it works here apart from that little snaggle of dns
Old 07-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
razoor
ioFTPD Foundation User

would be nice to test it...
razoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I've built 1.6.18+SSL in the past and don't think I had any issues. I remember the trickiest part was getting the old minires 0.98 or 0.97 to build it with as the newer 1.0 stuff had different include files.

I assume since you built it that you have cygwin installed? Are you using /etc/resolv.conf (I don't)? If the file isn't there minires results in using the windows DNS resolver and then faking the answer as if it actually resolved it for win2000+. That's what you want to happen.

I think you might need to make sure the minires libraries are in the same directory as windrop since it's likely you will have the 1.0+ libraries installed under /cygwin and you want to load the old ones...

Let me know how it goes, and if you are still getting issues I'll try a build since I haven't done it in a long while.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #6
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

cygminires.dll is in there along with eggdorop.exe

grab my build here and you can all check yourselfs to see if it works or not
Old 07-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
cygminires.dll is in there along with eggdorop.exe

grab my build here and you can all check yourselfs to see if it works or not
Your build gave me a error:
! E:\windrop1.6.18+SSL.rar: Invalid or corrupt authenticity information

Not such a big deal but just to let you know

I do miss some files in your build but until now haven't got much problems with it, testing dns stuff later to day.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

what version of winrar are you using - i have 3.70 - if using an eerlier version it might kick up an error like that, when you say you miss some files what do you mean ? i have not included the html and stuff like you had in 1.6.17, figured they were not required

did you get the dns error or did it go ok for you ?

edit: have just tested the rar on 2 different pcs, md5 checks out and no errors when unzipping

edit2: after checking i have not added the templetes folder and contents if people want i can readed them

Last edited by ArtX; 07-19-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #9
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
what version of winrar are you using - i have 3.70 - if using an eerlier version it might kick up an error like that, when you say you miss some files what do you mean ? i have not included the html and stuff like you had in 1.6.17, figured they were not required

did you get the dns error or did it go ok for you ?

edit: have just tested the rar on 2 different pcs, md5 checks out and no errors when unzipping

edit2: after checking i have not added the templetes folder and contents if people want i can readed them
For DNS it didn't gave any error's, trying to get more systems for testing

Missing files comparing to 1.6.17 where some dll's for example in root i had tcl84.dll,tclpip84.dll and in .18 only libtcl8.4.dll. probably something with compiling.

folders different from 1.6.17, dunno where they are for. just did a quick check
\lib\dde1.2
\lib\reg1.1

And some simple modules and ident script but those can be added after install.

:update:
friend of mine tested release on different system in building here, no DNS error.
so far so good
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

cant be sure but might be all required functions are now in libtcl, i can add all the missing files and folders

edit: due to popular denad i have added all the so called missing files and have uploaded a new version of windrop. refresh your browser so it isnt caching the page and re-download the windrop again

Last edited by ArtX; 07-19-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #11
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

because i havent upxd it probably, and if you check my updated build you will see that all the scripts are there as is the templates updated tcl libs and other things ppl said they were missing from 1.6.17 rls, as for the 32 nick handle if you read eggdrop.h you will see that is says to leave that alone and change it in eggdrop.conf

now if ppl want i can easily upx the eggdrop.exe down, but if you look on unix or linux boxes they are the same size on there (and its only 1.35mb so dont lie and say 1.5mb )

and it was me that told you about ipv6 patch and a few others

having upxed mine down its now 458K - you have to bare in mind that a few things have changed from 1.6.17 to .18 so its bound to be bigger, if no one wants mine i can take it down and you can use whocarez2k5 version ??

or i can do a super dupe one and add everything inclucing non english charcter support ?

Last edited by ArtX; 07-20-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 AM   #12
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

how did you compile ipv6 into your windrop where as far as i know cgywin does not support ipv6 ?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:50 AM   #13
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
because i havent upxd it probably, and if you check my updated build you will see that all the scripts are there as is the templates updated tcl libs and other things ppl said they were missing from 1.6.17 rls, as for the 32 nick handle if you read eggdrop.h you will see that is says to leave that alone and change it in eggdrop.conf
It was more as info, because the default windrop install files are separated in handlen 9 and 32

Quote:
now if ppl want i can easily upx the eggdrop.exe down, but if you look on unix or linux boxes they are the same size on there (and its only 1.35mb so dont lie and say 1.5mb )
I said almost

Quote:
and it was me that told you about ipv6 patch and a few others
True, you named it in first post, i just compiled 1 with that feature , made mistake before by pointing to wrong dir when applying patch, had to much drinks i guess

Quote:
having upxed mine down its now 458K - you have to bare in mind that a few things have changed from 1.6.17 to .18 so its bound to be bigger, if no one wants mine i can take it down and you can use whocarez2k5 version ??

or i can do a super dupe one and add everything inclucing non english charcter support ?
Good idea. My intention wasn't to flame anyone or taking credits for it, just to help out

My download links will expire eventually when no one downloads it and i'm not gonna up it again, just a 1 time thing

Quote:
how did you compile ipv6 into your windrop where as far as i know cgywin does not support ipv6 ?
Just apply patch, no error's given when compiling or applying patch, need to test it though
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 AM   #14
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

it errors out compiling here, and after doing some reading there are some cygwin extensions to supposedly handle ipv6 - but they too give errors, and if your running a eggdrop on your box or your compneys box then there are good chances its ipv4 so ipv6 isnt required really, i may try to compile it on my freebsd box later will prob compile on there but then thats not much use

and unless i get asked to compile non english characters and the topic protect patch i had i think i will just leave the bot as it is.

Grab my updated bot and see what you think, should have all thats required (except for the tcl libs which arent really required as libtcl takes care of everything but they are avliable as a seperate download)
Old 07-20-2007, 07:38 AM   #15
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
it errors out compiling here, and after doing some reading there are some cygwin extensions to supposedly handle ipv6 - but they too give errors, and if your running a eggdrop on your box or your compneys box then there are good chances its ipv4 so ipv6 isnt required really, i may try to compile it on my freebsd box later will prob compile on there but then thats not much use

and unless i get asked to compile non english characters and the topic protect patch i had i think i will just leave the bot as it is.

Grab my updated bot and see what you think, should have all thats required (except for the tcl libs which arent really required as libtcl takes care of everything but they are avliable as a seperate download)
I agree with ya that those libs aren't really needed, current lib handles all stuff, until now not any error at all.

Same for ipv6. Your right we haven't got ipv6 here and i doubt there are many ipv6 users using io

Tags
error, giving, scripts, tcl, working

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: