Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-22-2003, 10:51 AM   #151
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

and plz update ur cygwin1.dll. after that this error never will occur again
caladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 11:14 AM   #152
NeoRanga

Sorry, I belived that I have the lastest version when I compiled 0.0.5.6 version.
Thx master
NeoRanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 02:27 PM   #153
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

would be nice to get some feedback from ppl which tested the pre-rlz version

just to know where are still bugs
Old 03-22-2003, 02:32 PM   #154
malexx

I dont Understand why you dont put a good Doku to it,how to install this Script.
Most of users here are Winusers,and dont come from Unixsystem.
I tried many times now to install this Thing,but this cygwincrap allway gimme some failure.

For sure,if there was a good setup.txt or something like this,more People would try your Script.

PS.I am glad StarDog releases his script,cause thisone is really stable now,fast and have also nice features like imdb etc.

Not all the People have time to waste on a Zipscript,and iam sure iam not the only one who think so.

Nothing against your Script,it might be good,i just think if you Release a thing like this,ported from Linux,there should be at first a good Dokumentation!

MFG...
malexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 02:41 PM   #155
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

the docu is as good as possible .. the cygwin errors u get are missing packages. nothing more.

and i really think that a zipscript is really important on a site.
and a good site has it own scripters .. and this scripters should be good enough to handle this script. if they are not .. get better scripters!
this zipscript is NOT mainly for newbies. it's for more for advanced users wich needs the power to change EVRYTHING. and that can be done with my script.

but i remember when i started this project i had 3-4 testers and this scripters were win users too ... but they were successfull with this script. and i know many other ppl which are not advanced users .. and all were successfull!

if u have probs ask in #cala-zs chan or in this thread and i'm sure u will be successfull too.

because it's only the cygwin install which is not easy.. but if u have done this once .. it's a work of seconds to recompile script on each new version.

mfg / kind regards

Caladan
Old 03-22-2003, 03:31 PM   #156
NeoRanga

Thx the sfv problem seems to be fixed but OnUploadError the script detects that the file has bad crc but don't rename or deletes it. Any suggestion?

PD: Symlinks seems to work perfect but without stable postdel it's so complicate to delete them.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:43 PM   #157
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

of couse i'm working on postdel .. so gimme some more time and i'm sure we will have this soon
Old 03-22-2003, 03:50 PM   #158
malexx

-EDIT

forgett about ,i wrote down some things that disturb me,.......but it would end in an endless discusion!!So i deleted it!!

just 2 things i want to say!

After 8xtimes downloading Cygwin from different mirrors,it works now,got it working more than fast!Really easy to setup,you dont need to be an ADVANCED USer.

Just this Cygwinstuff is a Big cake of ****.

Your Script works,its good.

But the reason i will not use it is just a simple sentence you wrote in you install.txt
-* If u really don't know what u should do here u better go and use Stardogs script-

i think things like this dont need to be in Installinstructions,and its
pretty lame!

malexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #159
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

it was a joke and if u ever have used darkone's project-zs u seen a nearly similar line ... and if not .. have a look on the orignal project-zs zsconfig.h ...

and second reason about this comment is to inform other users about more simple scripts

and third .. it's NOT in install.instructions.txt ..
Old 03-22-2003, 11:20 PM   #160
Stardog
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

If I could just add my $.02... Each script has it plusses and minuses...Those that use my site know that I actually use a HIGHLY modified version of project-zs with glftpd(I added enhanced MySQL support as well as alot of other cool features). But that works fine for my unix system and for me, as I am a full-time unix programmer...But I figured that for running a windows site with ioFTPD, most Windows users are NOT familiar (or comfortable) with compiling everytime they need to make a change to their setup. This also makes it kinda pointless for me to release the code, not everyone has Visual Studio installed on their systems with the full Windows SDK. There is a proper tool for each task, for those that have the skill to compile changes, they would use zipscript-c, but if not, then they could use one of the other scripts like ioZS, ftpservertools, JACheck, or whatever...
Stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:34 AM   #161
NeoRanga

Exist any command to do a rescan of the sfv with zipscript?
Old 03-23-2003, 06:50 AM   #162
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

@Stardog: that's why i wrote the sentence about u in the config.h

i know not evryone is familar with compiling and changing code and i never said my script is easy to setup/change. that's the good on ur script. it may be better for some/most ppl which can't code/compile

@NeoRanga: ioA is offering a nice rescan command and in future version of ioA there will be "more" project-zs support.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #163
NeoRanga

I'm still getting the problem with the corrupted sfvs with the aditional info at the end, it doesn't happen always but very often.Now the version of io is 4.6.1, zipscript 0.0.5.7 and cygwin 1003.22.0.0/0.78 version.
Any suggestion on where is the problem??
Thx for your support.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:56 AM   #164
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

hmm check if the .sfv from the source server is broken (it might be that the sfv script on source server ****ted it up)
Old 03-25-2003, 04:32 AM   #165
caladan
ioFTPD Scripter

NeoRange: was it the sfv from the destiniation server? would be nice to get feedback ..

Tags
beta, ioftpd, project-zs, testing, wanna

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: