Old 02-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
sjroep
Disabled

Default announce exception

Hi,

I,m using ioFTPD 5-8-5r, dZSbot 1.15, Eggdrop 1.6.17 + descriptive error and ioA 1.2.0

It's working fine and I'm really enthusiastic about it. But now I familiarized myself with it a little and so I want more. I search the forum and tried to understand the tcl scripting pages, but I'm too green

When users upload smallsized stuff with a lot of nfo's my bot spams the channel. So I want to make an exception.
Users of my site usually upload to one directory only. But if they would upload this small stuff to another directory I could tell the bot to not announce stuff being uploaded in this directory.
Like adding a rule in dZSBot.tcl that if something is uploaded to such and such directory it should not announce it.

Hope that somebody can help me or show me where I can find some examples of similar scripts.

Sjroep
Old 02-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

At the top right of this screen, there's a 'user cp' button. click that.
Then click the 'Edit Profile' link.
Enter something in both ioFTPD Registered Username and Password and click 'Submit Modifications'.

Also see the Rules at the top of any forum. 1st rule now mention that.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Yes indeed. You should add your registered username and password to your profile. Once done, you'll be seen as a registered ioFTPD user in those forums.

I'm not quite sure how dZSbot handles sections but if I remember correctly all sections that are not defined in dZSbot.tcl are not announced.

I would recommend disabling only the annoying announces and not all announces for this specific section.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:14 AM   #4
sjroep
Disabled

Default Hi

Hi,

I don't know if my version is a registered ioftpd version. It was installed by someone else who said he was a sitetech. To be perfectly honoust, I thought that ioftpd was freeware.
I don't know if this is a registered version, so therefor forget I ever posted.
Sorry for your trouble.

Sjroep
Old 02-21-2005, 07:56 AM   #5
wooolF[RM]
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by sjroep
To be perfectly honoust, I thought that ioftpd was freeware.
"The only free cheese is in the mousetrap"
Closed Thread

Tags
announce, bot, directory, stuff, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: