Old 05-12-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
ganymede

Default DLL's & ioWeb Update

Please review my earlier thread on DLL's. before reading this i am posting this with a poll so i can get your input.

been reading around a little and sadly (just as this was coming together) i am going to probably (depending on responses) put a pause on this project for a while, till the new ioFTPD comes out i am pretty concerned about rework at this stage and they seem to have some sort of api planned... i will continue to work on some parts, but i was planning on having a alpha release in the next few weeks which i am now going to postpone.

Will keep everyone informed, the following is a working screenshot in ie of my new user manager. the only thing that i have left to do in terms of core functionality is server configuration which i dont think is very difficult.

Another reason for stopping now is i want to see the gui that is released with the next version - to see if there is room for my application, or if i am wasting my time. (i think there will be some room specially since i believe they are doing the new gui in php - that i dont understand)

(old screen shots are on my old post, new one will be here when moderator approves)

Screen shot is attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ioweb.jpg (118.7 KB, 245 views)
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

Must say you've done a good just looking at the screens, but as also the voting results shows, I think it's best to wait for the new core to be released and then do the same for the upcomming io. We don't even know, perhaps d1 has implementet some nice webgui already, we just have to wait and see..
peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
ganymede

Those are the old screens... wait till you see the new one. waiting for a moderator to approve.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #4
ganymede

Default the work goes on....

Sorry i have been so quiet guys, been waiting for responses etc from you guys and busy moving houses - but the moving is done now.

Although i would have liked a more positive response than the current 60/40 i think its enough to justify me carrying on for the moment, i have inquired about some of the changes to the new ioFTPD, and i think i should be able to modify my code to manage a lot of the new changes, so the coding will continue.

Please post and tell me what kind of things you guys would like to see in the GUI, what kind of management screens, and what options....

They dont have any plans to make it .net based... hopefully you guys can use my dll to build your own programs too.

There are a lot of new technologies coming out in .net 2.0 like web parts which allow dragging and dropping of sections of a web page around so you can customize the look at feel, but these require a database to store the positions.... how do you guys feel about MSDE database? or should i leave it plain and simple....

let me know, speak now or forever hold your peace....
Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
PopWeasel
ioFTPD Scripter

I must say this does look very nice as an http front-end. As far as input for what should be included and the layout, there's a nice gui app for glFTPD called glAdmin that's done by MASA. Check it out if you want, maybe you'll see something there you might want to include.
http://masa.makes.it
PopWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:41 AM   #6
ganymede

Wow! forums up!

As with all things there is good news and bad news......so what you want to hear first?

GOOD NEWS: i got some screenshots to post update of the user control - got a nice dashboard - got a nice set of graphs that i am working on, finished groups management, stats are being updated started work on some really cool wizards for tasks like adding users etc - no screens yet but still looking good.

BAD NEWS: there has been a breakage in .NET framework June CTP build 2.05xx (is in one word Fux0red), my VFS file editor has broken and i am unable to continue till they fix the breakage - i havent yet been able build a server configurator.

REQUESTS: besides most you guys being the dungeon style hardcore c++ coders if anyone here has an artistic flaire and would like to send me some possible logos / icons etc drop me a pm.

Thats it for now. Watch this space - will post images when i get home.

Tags
dlls, gui, reading, room, screen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: