Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
YesS1r

Unhappy Unable to complete transfers !

Hi,

I've looked thru everything and cant find a thing mentioning this - but it's a very strange problem, so anyway:
People can download fine, upload fine, but all of a sudden, certain files will fail at the same point. Even if they try to upload all over again, they fail at the same bit! I dont know if this is cos it's being duped when it shouldn't be? I'm not sure - quite new to this! I haven't set up any duping tho.
One user said that every other file was failing - like .r02, .r04,. r06, .r08 etc... So people aren't able to complete uploads atm! (
I have created a custom flag - for downloads. I give that to everyone except the upload only acc's. But it's been fine for ages, and all of a sudden this started happening.
Also, when .bad or .missing files are there people sometimes have problems replacing with the good file.

Should I go thru ALL folder permissions? (But if it was that surely they either would or wouldn't be able to not some work / some fail!)
If so - what should i give to the top level folders? The site is just divided into sections, so all users have up and download on all folders (except the upload acct's which don't have the 'D' flag I made, so can't download at all). So I want everyone to be able to up and download, but only be able to delete files they create - that's about right isnt it?

Thanks in advance for help, and for an otherwise great bit of software and t0p forum ;p
YesS1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

An error message would help...ask one of the users having trouble uploading for a session log from their FTP client.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
YesS1r

Default Log Parts

[15:57:01] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for hls-lil.r17 (15000000 bytes).
[16:07:27] 426 Data connection: Illegal seek.
[16:07:27] Transfer Failed!

I just noticed the 'Illegal Seek' erro in there - any idea what that is?

Could tha\t be the answer?!

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
YesS1r

I just checked dated pages of the forum, and there was mention of the illegal seek error - but said it was cos disk was full ;p
My disk isnt full - but I'm wondering if there's a threshold set somewhere - and once a certain amount of disk space is left - it just stops allowing uploads???

Tx.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

The "Illegal seek." error message can be caused by a faulty or failing hard disk, try running chkdsk on that volume.

Quote:
Originally posted by YesS1r

My disk isnt full - but I'm wondering if there's a threshold set somewhere - and once a certain amount of disk space is left - it just stops allowing uploads???
Could be done with a script, such as:
http://www.ioftpd.com/scripts/script.php?id=43
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, files, fine, people, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: