Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Beastlee

Default Global User IP

Is there a way to allow certain hosts/IPs to connect to any user account? As in a global IP allow for accounts.

I need this for testing purposes but haven't noticed anything in the documentation.

Thanks
Beast
Beastlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Default Re: Global User IP

Quote:
Originally posted by Beastlee
I need this for testing purposes but haven't noticed anything in the documentation.
Perhaps because such a feature doesn't exist? If it did exist, it would most certainly be 'abused' and end up being removed.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Beastlee

I can see your point but have never had this problem in the 2 yrs I've used R****n. If it's my IPs I'm adding as a global then how can it be abused.

How about if it checks the IPs set for the user and also any M flagged accts? You shouldn't have too many M accts anyway.
Just thinkiong of a safe compromise.

Beast
Beastlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
PopWeasel
ioFTPD Scripter

Just add your ip to the acct u need to test? That person is able to see that so just add the *@xxx.xxx.* part of your ip. Better yet to create a new account for testing purposes and give it the flags/perms of the account/s or group/s that you need to test...
PopWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 02:57 AM   #5
mr_F_2

Quote:
Originally posted by Beastlee
I can see your point but have never had this problem in the 2 yrs I've used R****n.
Beast
You cannot compare ioFTPd to Raiden. They are nothing alike. If you like Raiden's features then maybe you should use Raiden.. but at the end of the day you will find that Raiden is very irrationally structured. So please don't say "raiden does this why doesn't ioFTPD?" anymore. ioFTPD was designed to align with the FTP RFC, and to not include any bulky, cpu intensive useless functions.... what you request could very likely be added as a 3rd party script, but isn't a logical addition to the ftpd's main structure

another thing you might consider is editing the Default.user file to contain the ip you are connecting from so all newly added users can easily be accessed by your ip
mr_F_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
global, noticed, purposes, testing, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: